Friday, August 24, 2007

Top Ten Lessons from Emerald Isle, NC

This past week at the beach was everything I could have ever hoped for. It was so fun to spend the week in the sun, relaxing with my family and enjoying each other's company. Instead of spending my last few hours here in North Carolina detailing each day of my vacation, I have decided to share the top ten things I learned this week in Emerald Isle. Enjoy!


1. If your rental agreement says you will have a washer and you get to the property and there is only a space by the dryer with washer hookups, the washer probably got stolen earlier that day.


2. Never turn your back on the ocean.

Picture #1

About 3 seconds later, Chris was in the wave!

3. As soon as you leave your fifteen year old sister at home all alone while the rest of the family goes to Fort Macon, the police will come to find the front door wide open and walk right into the house yelling, “Emerald Isle Police!,” scaring the bageezis out of said sister. Don’t worry though; they will just be investigating the missing washer.





4. When miniature golfing, make sure you get a hole in one on the same hole as your husband. It just might turn out to be the “mystery hole” and you could both win a free game!


5. You’re never too old to play in the sand.

Look at the treasures I found!

Mom and I made this turtle!

6. Getting a picture of a 350 lbs. shark in an aquarium is not nearly as cool as getting a sweet pic of a common green lizard on the boardwalk just outside.






7. Don’t be fooled. Just because the restaurant’s name is “The Sanitary Fish Market” doesn’t mean you won’t find a black hair in your salad dressing.



8. Seeing wild dolphins in the ocean while swimming is absolutely amazing, but you do tend to get a little nervous when four are coming straight at you from 30 feet away.



9. A CTR ring on your left hand isn’t a sufficient deterrent for attention starved parasail boat drivers. They will still flirt with you. (Next time, just wear the rock.)

Poor Rachel, she's just too nice.

10. Seagulls can get electrocuted and fall into the street if they fly into power lines.



It's strange to have our vacation coming to a close. I had been counting down to it in anticipation for months and now it is over. I guess it's time to start counting down to our next beach week as a family... only two years to go! :)

2 comments:

Konfusion with a K said...

yay! what a fun trip!!! :) i'm glad you got to go on vacation!!

Angela and Mike said...

That looks like so much fun. I went to Emerald Isle with Becca pacheco one time. I am totally grossed out thinking of that black hair. I loved the sand turtle too! Miss you!