In February my neighbor, Michelle, and I bought fabric and thread to attempt to make aprons. The fabric sat in Mimi's closet and the thread stayed in my purse, until this morning. Finally, after 8 months, we completed our project. Michelle's mother-in-law bought her a sewing machine for her graduation present last month and my sweet husband bought me a sewing machine for Christmas last year, so we both had our own machines and set up our own little sweat shop in the Collett's front room. A couple other girls from church came over to work on aprons as well.
It was a lot of fun to spend the morning with other girls. I can't remember the last time I spent time with just girls. Zach was playing football this morning and I was sewing, so gender appropriate.As you can see from the pictures, our project was a success! Michelle is a little more ambitious than I am and is planning on making three more aprons! Good luck Mimi! I, on the other hand, have put my sewing machine back in its box and up in my closet for probably another 8 months... I will have my eye out for another sewing project until then!
2 comments:
so cute!!!!!
Super cute Brooke. You pull that off well. I should probably do something domestic...
Post a Comment