Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Happy Ending...

After 2 months of avoiding all things barbershop, I finally faced my fear last night and got a haircut. If you remember my last haircut experience, you know this was no small feat for me.

Over the past two months I had gotten into a routine of clipping my hair back and putting the rest up in a bun/ponytail. This is all well and good for a few weeks, but it gets boring after a while. I knew that with my crazy-short bangs I would be limited in the hairstyles I could wear, but I quickly realized that my hair looked ridiculous if I ever tried to wear it down. The shortness of the bangs combined with the longness of the rest of my hair resulted in a laughable combination that I was not enjoying day to day. The only reasonable solution was to take a risk and try to blend the rest of my hair with the awful looking bangs. That was a scary thought, to adjust the rest of my 'do to match the part of my hair that I hated the most, but something had to be done.

Not one to spend very much money very easily, I set out to find the cheapest solution. My coworker regularly goes to Paul Mitchell the School down in South Provo and she never comes out looking like I did on that fateful day in August. I decided to give it a shot. I called to check on the prices and it was only $12 for a shampoo, cut and style. That is a price I can agree with! To ensure that I was getting the best possible price, I called the Barbershop on campus to compare. To get a shampoo, cut and style there was $22! Ridiculous!

As if it is even a question, I went with the PM School. My hairstylist was a nice girl named Kiley and she commiserated with me about my last haircut nightmare. I explained what I wanted done and, get this... she actually did what I told her to do! Amazing. My faith has been restored in the beauty industry for now, but no promises for the future. To be completely honest, I plan on taking my decent cut and staying as far away from hair salons for as long as a I possibly can.

2 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

Yay Brooke! So cute! Way better than last time :)

Rach said...

Congrats on the good haircut, it really looks nice...I still haven't ventured back.