Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What about Lucy?

So I came to a fantastic realization today during lunch. It was a random realization, but one that would require some looking into. I realized that all the kids from the 'too precious for words' TV show, 7th Heaven, were named after people in the Bible. As I went through the names I could remember, my theory was verified. I remembered Matt, the fugly oldest brother (seriously, what was up with his hair?!) , Mary, the trouble making sister, Simon, the cute little blond boy who grew up to be ugly/dysfunctional, and Ruthie, the brat-attack youngest. But for the life of me I could not remember the annoying blond girl in the middle. What was her name!!?

Well thanks to Google, I was able to find out with a click of a button. Her name was Lucy! I know what you are thinking, "But wait, there is no Lucy in the Bible, your theory is blown!" That's what I thought too. But in reality it just adds depth to my theory. There are three options for this anomaly:

1. The parents on the show hated her from birth
2. In a way to show how Lucy never fit in (which she never did) the producers thought they would leave her out of the Bible-name club, or
3. Lucy is a reference to 'Luci'fer (which doesn't totally make sense because Mary was the bad one)

I haven't determined which option to officially adopt into my theory, I'll have to think about it.


P.S. Want more proof? The twins that were born in the later/lamer seasons were named Sam and David... BAM!

4 comments:

Konfusion with a K said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH best blog by far. I used to love that show and then it just got so STUPID AND SMARMY. I love your theories though :)

Can't wait til December!

Rach said...

Ruthie was a brat-attack. That poor dog was always doing her bidding, too. And I would have to go with theory number 2.

Angela and Mike said...

haha, very good observation. What was with the boys and their hair in that show...

Anonymous said...

Lucius was a Christian teacher in Rome, so her name probably came from there! I was wondering the same thing and found your blog!