You learn a lot about someone when you share a can of mixed nuts with them. I believe there are some things you just don't do when sharing a can of mixed nuts. One of which is picking out all the delicious nuts and just leaving the peanuts. You just don't do that. Peanuts are the worst kind of nut in the mixed nut combo, there are just so many of them that they are not exciting to eat at all. So you can imagine my surprise/disgust when I went to grab a few nuts to put in with my lunch yesterday and I saw the image displayed above. Not an almond to be found. No walnuts, no delicious cashews in sight! Only PEANUTS! Being that I only live with one other person I knew exactly who the culprit was. I would have addressed the situation right then and there but Zach was already gone to school. Not wanting to forget to talk with Zach about his breach of mixed nut etiquette, I left a little note on the lid of the nuts. I thought Zach would come talk to me when he saw it, giving me the opportunity to lay out the rules of eating mixed nuts to him. The note simply said, "No picking out non-peanuts!"
That evening I noticed Zach eating some nuts and I asked him about my note. He said, "yea, I got it. Did you get mine?" I went to the can of mixed nuts, and this is what I saw:
6 comments:
haha, that is hysterical Brooke. You are such a good story teller. I feel that way about Trail mix...I usually pick out a lot of the m&ms, but then I start feeling guilty. I guess your man just doesn't have that same respect! haha. Good luck with the war. What's next?
ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
brooke, please tell more marriage war stories-- they're so charming :)
by the way, this is the funniest thing i have read all day, all week probably.
I confess I pick out the cashews too. But that's at my parents' house, and their rules aren't posted.
Okay -- funniest post ever. I freaking loved it. I was laughing out loud --- like, really loud. My dad does the same thing!!! Picks out all the good stuff. If we have jelliebellies he totally steals all the yummy ones!!!
I'll eat your peanuts... I love them!
Post a Comment