Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Take Your Husband to Work Day.

Classes are canceled today. With no classes to attend, no students are on campus. And with no classes to teach, there are no professors on campus either. Yet, somehow I find myself here at work in an empty, quiet office all by myself (with nothing to do). Yesterday was Friday classes, which would make today Saturday, which ultimately means that I am at work on a Saturday. This is not okay. There are some things that are off-limits on Saturdays. You don't wake up to an alarm, you don't wear make-up and you certainly do not come to work! Today, I have broken all of those rules. Since I have been here I have seen one other person. One! Before you feel too bad for me though let me tell you about my plans for the day...

I knew today would be a hard day. I thought it was ridiculous that I would have to be here working on a day that campus would be essentially closed. Knowing this, I planned ahead. I have officially declared today PARTY DAY! I brought all the essential items: movies, popcorn, a sweatshirt and of course my husband! Zach has recently found himself without a computer. So I lured him to my office with the promise that he could use our sweet iMac for as long as he wants. I made him a name plate and everything. He is officially a party day employee and I love having him here! Later today I plan on watching 'While You Were Sleeping'. I am going to pop popcorn and go steal a comfy chair from the conference room. I will get paid to watch a movie I love. It will be awesome. Not as awesome as getting the day off, but I guess it won't be so bad.

Even though it is party day, I will be happy when I can go home. I'm hoping we get to leave work early. We shall see...

3 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

haha...I wish I were having a party day here. It's so worthless and everyone's gone. I should probably get some work done, but I really don't feel like it. Enjoy the comfy chair, popcorn, movie and your man! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Konfusion with a K said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIEEEE!!!!!! YAY for party day! :)

Rach said...

I love that you made Zach a name plate.