Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bad Mood

This week has been a weird week for me. I have been in the worst mood! I try not to let it effect the way I treat others, but I can't promise anything. It has been weird because I haven't been able to put my finger on what has caused my bad moods lately. I know what everyone is thinking, "you're pregnant, mood swings, whatever." But I really don't blame my foul mood on being pregnant. Granted, pregnancy has given me lots of opportunities to be in a bad mood. I get hungry easily, can no longer fit into any of my jeans and am tired most of the time; but these are all things I expected would happen.

Every morning this week I have stayed in bed through my alarm debating on whether or not to call in sick, but somehow I always end up at work. This morning was no different; my alarm went off, I stayed in bed an extra 30 minutes, got up, got dressed, walked to work, and here I am.

After walking to work and almost freezing my face off, I think I have finally discovered the source of my sour demeanor! My coworker and I checked the weather this morning to see how cold it was. I was walking to work in 9 degree weather! It is cold, it is snowy and it is miserable. I am not cut out for this winter stuff and, call me weak, but it is dragging me down! I need sunshine! I need something warmer than 30 degrees as a high! I need Spring!

Here is the fun I have to look forward to for the next two days:
  • TODAY - Mostly cloudy. Breezy. Snow likely in the afternoon. Accumulation near 1 inch. Highs in the upper 20s. South winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.
  • TONIGHT - Breezy - snow. Accumulation 6 to 12 inches. Lows 15 to 20. South winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.
  • FRIDAY - Snow likely in the morning - then a chance of snow in the afternoon. Cloudy. Accumulation 1 to 4 inches. Highs in the lower 20s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.

.... only 61 days until April 1st. I hope I don't kill someone before then.

2 comments:

Konfusion with a K said...

Hahahah aww Brooke! Wouldn't it be great if we could switch homes for a bit -- it's been pretty mild here. No shorts or tshirts but it's definitely not 9 degrees! I'm so jealous! I want snow :(

PS, I really like your little sun picture :)

Beth schell said...

You and Rach should plan a trip to Austin. Today it is sunny and 75. The only downside is a bit of wind.