"Brooke, how did you get such a good deal?" So glad you asked, let me tell you...
On Saturday, February 16th Zach and I went to the BYU vs. UNLV basketball game (as part of my Valentine's Day present). It was an awesome game. We kicked UNLV's collective butt and won back some of our dignity after losing so terribly to them in Vegas not so long ago. Sweet victory!
Anyway, at some point during every BYU basketball game the MC tells the crowd to text "BYU" to a certian number. He always promises some sort of prize to the first 'however many' texts. Being the texting fiend he is, Zach always has his fingers and phone ready. We have been to quite a few basketball games this season and Zach enthusiastically gets out his cell phone with the rest of the crowd every time he hears the MC start talking about this contest. He has entered many times in the past, all with the same result. We get a text back saying we didn't win but to visit some website for coupons. Lame!
As you can imagine, the UNLV game was no different. The MC came on and Zach whipped out his phone. I laughed and told him to not even try, "we never win." My, my how wrong I was. Shortly after sending his text message off into cyberspace he received a text back reading, "Go to portal M to pick up your prize!" I was amazed! Like I said before, "we never win!"
The prize was $25 to Ruby River. It was all very exciting, as evidenced by Zach's face in the picture below:
So this past weekend, with our 'eating out' portion of the budget dwindling down close to $0, we used our coupons for a fun evening out. We soon realized that $25 doesn't get you very far at Ruby River, but we split a meal and left the restaurant stuffed and satisfied.
The food was okay, the service sub-par and the wait was long, but hey, it was free. And that is a price I am willing to pay!
1 comment:
haha, it is so true...when it's free...it doesn't matter! Kinda like the dollar theater. It doesn't matter how bad the movie is because heck, it was $1!
Congrats to you guys for finally winning!
Post a Comment