Saturday, March 15, 2008

Above and Beyond

For the past few months my neighbor and I have been going to the indoor track three times a week and jogging a mile. We usually go on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. This morning we went over to the track to run. We noticed a lot of fire trucks in the parking lot, but figured they were there for the Rex Lee Run that was going on this morning. When we got to the track there were quite a few firemen jogging and walking on the track. Unsure about what was going on, we asked some firemen sitting on the side of the track if it would be okay to use the track. They said it was fine.

Talk about pressure! We put our jackets to the side and prepared to jog. On our first lap around (I was keeping a pretty good pace, all things considered) we passed a group of about eight firemen walking. As we were going for the pass I overheard one of them say, "Now that is way above and beyond the call of duty!"

Don't worry, I played it cool. But inside I was loving it! We just kept jogging by, but what a motivation boost!

I love firemen.

1 comment:

Angela and Mike said...

haha, nice. Whay to go "above and beyond the call of duty"....nice