Friday, April 4, 2008

Waiting on Baby Boy...

A few weeks ago, I completed the baby's crib set. I sewed the bumper and quilt. I'm hoping to sew a coordinating bed skirt, but probably won't get around to it for another couple weeks. We bought a mattress for the crib last night, so I took all the baby stuff out of the crib and got the crib all baby-ready. I took a couple pictures before putting all the baby stuff back in. Until the baby comes, the crib makes a great storage bin for all our random baby clothes, blankets, toys and other items we are accumulating. I have no idea where all that stuff will go once the baby is here!

Here is the "final" product.
(I put final in quotes because I'm not sure I will ever be finished. I keep thinking of other things I could/should be making!)

This is a picture of the quilt I made. Don't look too closely, it is nowhere near perfect. Thanks mom Bellows for helping me learn how to tie it!



I had some extra fabric and an extra picture frame lying around so I decided to make this little wall hanging. The plan is to one day have the baby's actual footprint in the frame, but I guess my "hand made" footprint will have to do for now...


This is the crib with the bumper. I really love how it turned out and because I was able to use the measurements straight from the crib, it is a perfect fit!


And last but not least, here is everything all together! Most babies get a whole nursery, Baby Bellows gets a corner... oh well, that's life in a one bedroom apartment for you!


Now, all we need is a baby! Only 67 more days!

11 comments:

Beth schell said...

Brooke... it looks super cute... almost too cute for a boy! j/k... It's nice to know that you can still do cute stuff for boys... I was drawing a blank!

Holly said...

Oh my gosh! You are amazing, Brooke! I would never even attempt something like that! Really, it looks amazing! How do you feel about sewing all of my baby stuff from now on...? (just kidding, don't worry!) That is so neat that you were able to make that for your baby; what a keepsake!

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, I LOVE It! I you are so talented. The quilt is so cute and I love the bed. Where do you get it? The picture frame is quite darlin and completes the baby Bellows "corner". Yeah! I'm so excited. Good job.

jodi said...

Wow I am so impressed! Your mother must have taught you well! Seriously, it looks amazing. What a lucky little boy. I love his little corner.

Empty Nester said...

Well, this Baby Boy is going to be so lucky. I have always admired some of your other projects (easter eggs were my favorite and I hope you leave them out year round) but this crib ensemble really is terrific. I LOVE IT!!!! This corner looks like a little piece of heaven!

Rach said...

Brooke, you are so crafty, I love it! And I love that you are so excited. It's very endearing. Baby Boy Bellows is a lucky little fella.

Jill said...

Brooke, that is beautiful. Your baby is destined to have a great sense of fashion, thanks to his very "in vogue" corner decor.

A couple of my babies have been "corner" babies who did not have their own room for a while. They all turned out just fine!

Janessa said...

Baby so trumps being undressed by temple workers. The nursery gear you made is adorable! More motivation for me to learn how to sew!

Konfusion with a K said...

BFF!!! You are so amazingly talented! The crib bumper and quilt are gorgeous!! And the footprint photo thing is really precious! Soon you'll have a real footprint in there! :) Yay for baby boy!

Kristen said...

Brooke...you are amazing :) I'm very impressed with everything you made. It turned out so cute! It will look even cuter (is that a word? he he) with baby bellows in it!

Rach said...

Update: I had a dream about your crib. I went to look in it, and it already had a baby! But then I realized it was just a doll that was very realistic. I wondered, "Why would you spend so much money on a nice doll when you're about to get a REAL baby? Silly Bellows." The end.