14 days until my due date and I feel.... awful. I spent the last two days in bed with the worst back ache of my life. Zach and I went to WalMart yesterday and bought a heating pad (life-saver!), Tylenol (safe for pregnant women) and Gatorade. All essential for my survival. I really questioned coming into work today after feeling so dysfunctional for the past 48 hours, but here I am. I got into work at 6:30am this morning because I just couldn't sleep anymore. I figured I could sit uncomfortably at home and wait around until 8am when I usually come in or sit uncomfortably at work for an extra hour and a half this morning and maybe leave early this afternoon. Who am I kidding? I am most definitely leaving early this afternoon!I'm hoping this baby comes early (doesn't every pregnant woman hope this?) because I really don't see myself making it through another 14+ days like this. It has been a little depressing feeling so bad these past few days because the rest of my pregnancy has gone so smoothly. We have a doctors appointment tomorrow and will get checked to see if we are making progress (cross your fingers!). I think I will cry if they tell me we haven't made any progress at all. I called my doctor on Saturday to ask him about my back pain. Yea, I pretty much hate my doctor. His response to my question was, "That is just a normal symptom of pregnancy." I told him that I haven't had any back pain for the first 38 weeks of my pregnancy, this is not normal! His response? "Well, lucky you." Wow, what compassion. Jerk.
And for the record, back pain is an early sign of labor, I'm not an idiot.
3 comments:
I'm sorry that your long weekend was so uncomfortably spent! Hopefully your cute little boy will come soon! I think I can hold down the fort here at work without you this afternoon :)
I'm so sorry! I've heard the last few weeks are the worst...I guess it's true. I hope you get feeling better and that your doctor's appointment goes well! Good luck!
Sounds like your doctor is a real peach. I hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment