Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update: 38 Week Appointment

So I just got back from my appointment with Dr. Annoying. Everything looks fine. I talked to the nurse about my back and she said I probably pinched my sciatic nerve, which would explain why I feel perfectly fine today. Either the baby was laying on it for the past few days and has moved or somehow it just got unpinched. Whatever the case, I am so grateful to be feeling better. It makes the fact that I am not dilated at all a little easier to handle. In all reality, if I can continue to feel good, I really would love it if this baby would hold off until his due date. That will give me time to finish up work and even have time to relax at home before my world is turned upside down by this little guy.

... Like I said in my last post, this really is a roller coaster ride. I feel a little schizophrenic. Yesterday I was ready to hang the eviction notice and for baby boy to be here already and today I am content to wait for a couple weeks. Poor Zach, I'm sure I am a mess to live with.

4 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

I'm so glad your back is feeling better. We're thinking of you!

Beth schell said...

ditto what "angela and mike" said. I'm sorry. The end of pregnancy is the worst. Hang in there. That's all I can say. I hope that you have better luck than me... Lareine arrived 14 days after my due date. ... I guess just take it one day, sometimes just one minute at a time!

Rach said...

Well, I'm sure Zach can deal...after all, all he has to do is keep you happy. You, on the other hand, have a much bigger share of the whole "let's bring this baby into the world" thing.

Holly said...

I'm glad things are feeling better. Hopefully they continue to go well! Good luck with the rest of the roller coaster ride...the end is near! We'll keep our fingers crossed that everything goes well and that Baby Bellows comes at the perfect time!