I have been meaning to clean the bathroom for some time now, but I am a master excuse maker and procrastinator so I have managed to put it off for weeks. My favorite excuse as of late has been the baby. When I am home alone with the baby during the day, I can't clean the bathroom! Even if he is napping, what if he wakes up and needs me for something? I can't just stop cleaning and go pick him up. Think of the chemicals! No, no I can not clean the bathroom during the day. In the evenings when Zach gets home I can't clean the bathroom either. He has been gone all day long, I'm not just going to go lock myself in the bathroom to clean when I could be hanging out with him! No, no I can not clean the bathroom in the evenings.
Well yesterday with Zach home from work all day, I ran out of excuses. I put him in charge of the baby and got to work. When I was about half way done, I went to check on the boys. This is what I found:
This is a problem. If the baby keeps being so good for Zach, he's going to start to think being a stay at home mom with Ryan is easy! My cover will be blown!
Anyway, I managed to finish cleaning the bathroom without either of them waking up once. It felt good to finally have it done. While cleaning the shower, I noticed that our shower curtain was disgusting. Sorry mom and Kristen and anyone else who has had to shower at our house lately. (how embarrassing!) That afternoon I went out and bought a new one. Our old one was super cute and our whole decor and color scheme is basically centered around it so I didn't want to just throw it away. Instead, I cut off the bottom (the part that was gross) and used the top of it to cover the window in the shower. I also had an old picture frame laying around so I painted it black and made a red mat and framed a piece of the old curtain to hang on the wall. Zach calls it silly, I call it art. You be the judge:
With my crafting obsession going full force, I decided to finish up a little project I started for the baby before he was born. Ryan was in a good mood, so I thought it would be a good time to get his footprint in the frame I made 4 months ago. Zach helped hold the paper and I did the stamping. When I was about to paint Ryan's foot with the brown paint, Zach and I braced ourselves for a less than cooperative response. We were both surprised/relieved when Ryan got the biggest grin on his face when he felt the paint on his foot. Way to go! He is now my official crafting buddy. His preschool teachers are gonna love him, I can see it now. Anyway, here is the final product. I have to say I think the real thing is a lot cuter than my fake hand print baby footprint.
All in all, even with the cleaning, yesterday was a great day. I loved having some time to be crafty again and I especially loved having Zach home all day! Thank goodness for Pioneers!
5 comments:
P.S. I accidentally posted this under Zach's account. I promise this was posted by me, Zach would NEVER clean the bathroom...
Way to go...do you think I helped motivate you to clean it by the fact that I threw up! oh gosh. haha. You did a great job and I love hearing your "list of excuses" haha. Your little craft buddy did a very good job!His preschool teachers ARE going to love him :)
Tell Zach the framed piece of shower curtain is indeed "art". AND I love the idea of using the good portion of the shower curtain as window curtains. You are a genius...besides being a great Mom and wife. And we know Ryan will get his crafting from you!! Love the latest pictures!!!
I'm very impressed with your artistic use of an icky shower curtain. I would never have thought of turning it into a wall hanging. And I am also impressed with your procrastinating technique. I'll have to remember that baby=ultimate excuse :)
Good job on getting the bathroom clean! That's the one thing I always put off too, but it feels so good when it's done. And I love your cute shower curtain crafts and the footprint frame!
Post a Comment