Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ready, Set, Go!

Well, there's no turning back now. I just registered for this bad boy:


My little sister, Annie, is coming down from BYU-Idaho to run the 5K with me (no, I didn't register for the kids races, although if I had, maybe I would have had a chance of not coming in last... just maybe.) The exciting thing is my mom will be in town that weekend, so she can watch Ryan while we race.

Zach and I did this race a couple years ago and didn't do too bad. There is a raffle at the end of the race. Last time, Zach won a night's stay at a hotel valued at $80, so that made up for our registration fees right there. We ended up coming out ahead! I won The RM on VHS... I guess we got really lucky with Zach's prize. haha.

Now I just need to get to a point where I can run for more than 25 minutes without fainting. My dad bought us a jogging stroller so that I can take Ryan on jogs with me while Zach is at class. He is bringing it down to Provo tomorrow. I am excited to see how it feels to run with a stroller. In my mind I am envisioning something much better than running alone, but I have a feeling it will be much, much worse. We shall see.

Wish me luck...

I'm gonna need it!

4 comments:

Amber Handy said...

Good luck with the stroller! And I am very impressed - you really are wonder mom!

Mimi Collett said...

Hey! I might do this, too. How much does it cost to register? Am I too late? Oh, and I forgot to mention this on my last one, but I am so excited that you're finally using the massage! ;) That will be so wonderful, and the pedicure and manicure will be great, too. Lucky girl!

Rach said...

Yay for signing up for the 5k! I love signing up for races because then I am motivated to actually prepare...wish I could be there to cheer you on! That's the perfect time of a year for a race, too.

Rach said...

So, how did the race go for you guys today?