Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Even though Ryan's first Halloween didn't involve any trick-or-treating or carving pumpkins, we still had a great day! During the afternoon, Ryan and I walked Zach up to campus and on our way home stopped at my old job. It was so much fun to see my friends there and Ryan was as charming as ever (i.e. He didn't throw up on anyone). After that, we went to the bank to cash a check. Lucky for me, the bank had candy out on the desk so I got cash AND peanut M&M's... a winning combination! While at the bank, the teller asked if Ryan wanted a lollipop. I guess he is looking more and more like a real kid now and not just a baby! I said "no thanks" to the lollipop, but if I was thinking I would have accepted and eaten it myself. Lesson learned.

After Zach got back from work we headed up to Jason and Kristen's house to play games while we passed candy out to the trick or treaters. It had been a long time since we had seen J and Kristen and it was so much fun to spend the evening with them! My favorite conversation of the night went as follows:

Random trick or treater boy: silence [holds out his bag for candy]
Jason: "Hi! You can go ahead and take two if you would like."
Random trick or treater boy: "Since it's the end of the night, can we just take a bunch?"
Jason: "No, just two. There are still kids coming around."

Jason handled it a lot nicer than I would have. I can't believe kids don't say "Trick or Treat" anymore! And how greedy can you be!? "Can we just take a bunch"? Pahleeze child! You can take one and get off my property, how about that??! Kids are gonna have to work for their candy when I'm handing it out! I'm talking full out costumes, smiles and loud "Trick or Treat!"s. I think I might even rate their costumes and let that determine how much candy they get. If I can't tell what you are? No candy for you! Just call me the Candy Nazi.

... my house will get egged for sure.

Anyway, Halloween was great. Ryan is still cute. and future Trick or Treaters beware!

6 comments:

Abby said...

Hilarious Brooke!! You could always have a back up bowl for nasty trick o treaters. Look at this blog post. IF they are rude or don't say trick or treat grab a bowl with these in them instead!!

I am glad you are doing well. I think Isaac is going to be a big boy as well. He is 7 weeks old and has been in some six month clothes for a week now.

Carolyn said...

It was great to see you on Friday too! Sounds like Halloween was great for you! Loved the story. Sounds like certain el ed students that we know.

Carolyn said...

ps that was from sarah haha

Mimi Collett said...

That is amazing that he didn't say "Trick or Treat." Sigh. I will definitely teach my kids to say that! :)

Anne Bailey said...

i love how happy he is al the time. GAH! i would say i can't wait for thanksgiving but you guys aren't even gonna be there!!! :'(

Rach said...

What a cutie!! I mean the baby, of course.