The big news in our life right now is that the job offer we have been waiting on arrived today! Zach will start working for Burke & Associates in Las Vegas, Nevada on January 12, 2008! We are thrilled about the offer and are excited to move to Las Vegas in the next few weeks!We decided yesterday that we are going home for Christmas! We will fly in on Christmas Eve. We have one way tickets out to VA, because when the tickets were purchased we had no job to get back for. So much can change in 24 hours! We are hoping to get tickets to fly back to Utah on January 7th, to have time to pack up all our stuff and be in Vegas by the 8th. This week we are boxing up all our stuff and getting a storage unit in Provo. We have to be out of our apartment by Dec 31st, so a storage unit seemed like the best option. We are so excited to spend another Christmas in Virginia with our families! Too bad all our presents were already mailed out to Utah. That's what you get for last minute planning!
In other news, Ryan is going in for surgery tomorrow morning. He was born with a blocked tear duct. It is a really common problem and the surgery should be no big deal. Our doctor suggested that we get it done while insurance will still pay for it, so that's what we are doing. We have to be at the hospital at 5:15 am tomorrow morning. The surgery has a 99% success rate, so we're hoping that this will be the end of his tearing eye!
I don't have much time to post, I need to get back to packing. I apologize for my lack of posts. Life has been a little crazy for us lately. I'm sure once we are settled in and Zach is at work for 9+ hours a day, I will have more time to blog. Until then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
P.S. I ordered Christmas cards. They are not here yet. If I have time, I will send them out.
P.P.S. Yes, that is a random picture of Ryan. What's a post without a picture?
8 comments:
CONGRATS ON YOUR UPCOMING MOVE. I am sure Vegas will be good for the Bellows and especially once you get settled you, Brooke, will have all kinds of time and space to so some creative crafts. P.S. The bouncing madness blog is up there in my top five favs!!!!
Best news I've heard since the news you were coming home for Christmas! Congratulations! Wish I were there to help you pack. Love you guys! PS Let us know how the surgery goes. We'll be thinking of you.
Hooray! we are so excited...and so is baby Colton :) Congrats on the job. AND...hooray about going home for Christmas! Now I can see you in VA too and you can come to my baby shower :)
How fun. Let me know how we can help you.
Awesome that you finally got the job offer and you get to go home for the holidays! Do you need help packing??
I'm glad you get to somewhat plan now, i'm sure that was crazy and stressful.
Ironic about the blocked tear duct--I had the opposite problem of super dry eyes and actually had surgery to get my tear ducts cauterized to keep them moist! It worked great on one eye--the other one i gave up on after 4 tries...
hope it goes well!
That is so great! And with all this snow, I'm sure Las Vegas sounds even more wonderful! My cousin and his family live around Vegas and my brother-in-law is from there too, so if you need any advice about good places to live, etc. let me know!
Good luck with all the packing and I hope you have a great Christmas with your families. And I hope the surgery goes well.
That's so great Brooke! What a fun adventure you're starting... someplace WARM!
Post a Comment