Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Quest for the Perfect Pacifier

There is no doubt about it; Ryan is a pacifier baby. This child was born to suck. He got his first pacifier in the hospital on his second day of life and he never looked back. For as much as he loved pacifiers, it took him a long time to learn to keep one in his mouth. When he was little, no matter how hard he tried he would always end up popping it out.

We tried him out on a variety of brands. My mom always gave us Nuk pacifiers, so that is naturally what I tried with Ryan. No dice. Something about the shape of the nipple (am I allowed to say nipple on a blog? haha) made it impossible for him to keep it in. Finally we found a pacifier that he liked. Unfortunately for us, however, it was a pacifier that Zach's mom bought way back when she first found out we were pregnant and she didn't remember where it was from. It had no brand name on it and we never saw any like it in the store. It came in a two pack and for the last 8 months we have been guarding those two little pacifiers with our lives. Those two binkys have served us well for the past 8 months, but the time has come to replace them. I have put this off for some time now becuase I didn't know how or where I would accquire more... That is until this morning when I had the most ingenious idea! There are little Sesame Street characters on the pacifier. So I googled "Sesame Street Pacifier". To my utter joy and relief, several hits came up. The quest for the mysterious, perfect pacifier was over! I found a vendor on Shop.com that sold them in 2-packs. They were only $1.99 for a set of two and they should get here in 3-5 business days! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. This quite literally made my day.

I bought four packs of two, so eight total. And even though shipping was over ten dollars, it was totally worth it. Because by now we have come to find that no other pacifier will do...

4 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

My favorite is the smile underneath the binky. Very cute. It was so fun getting to see and hang out with you guys on Sunday. Sorry again about the loud laugh that woke up your baby. Now once I have Colton, you are free to wake him up at least once by loud laughter to get even :)

We are so excited about your new house!

Mimi Collett said...

Yay! I'm so happy that you were able to find them. It was always stressful when those pacifiers were misplaced! :) I am very impressed by your savvy internet detective skills.

Mom & Dad said...

Yrah Yeah--glad you found these!! Nowe you keep one everywhere.

Jill said...

You could always just give him a pickle! :)

I'm so glad you are near Angie and Mike! It just makes me happy to think of those two baby boys in Vegas getting together while their mommies and daddies hang out.