Saturday, January 17, 2009

Twisted.

Ryan has done a lot of traveling recently. We flew to Virginia and back to Utah and then drove to Vegas in the space of two weeks. Ryan is an excellent traveler. He slept through most the flights and entertained himself through most of the drive. There was one point, however, when we were boarding our second flight of the day in Denver that he had had enough. He was hungry and tired. I was waiting until we got seated on the plane to feed him, so while we were waiting in line to board the plane he was fussing. Luckily there was a family behind us in line that tried to keep him entertained. Ryan would be crying but whenever he would look at this family he would start laughing. The youngest son in the family was about 4 years old. He looked at Ryan and with a concerned tone said to his mom, "Mom, what happened to him?" The mom, "What do you mean?" The little boy, "What happened to that baby's hand? It's all... twisted."

What an interesting observation! It took a minute to realize what the little boy was talking about. His mom explained that healthy babies are fat and that's why their hands look that way. Now whenever I look at Ryan's wrists I have to agree, they do look a little twisted.

1 comment:

Mimi Collett said...

Hahahaha the things that little kids notice and comment on. I can't wait until funny things like that start coming out of Ryan's mouth!