Sunday, April 12, 2009

As if you cared...

Ok, so after a visit from my mom and several trips to Home Goods/Micheal's/WalMart, I finally have the house looking put together enough to take a few pictures. First off, I may have gotten a little carried away with all the pictures and this in no way counts as you "seeing" our house. In other words, you still need to come visit us! :) As I was uploading the pictures into blogger, which is no easy task, I realized that the order is all messed up. It is almost 10pm and we just drove back from St. George and I am tired and Zach has been throwing up and is sick, so excuse me for not reorganizing them so that they make sense. This will just have to do. And like I said, if you find this inadequate, the quickest way for you to see where we live is for you to, literally, SEE where we live! (Can you tell I love having visitors?)

Without further ado, our awkward nook, or "serious cubby" as Angela would say. haha.

Our living room has a built in. We have the TV on a TV stand on the bottom and that left the top for random decorations. I think my mom and I pulled it together nicely and despite Zach's negative opinion about it, the owl is indeed my favorite part. So, boo ya Zach!

My mom and I bought two "iron-works" pieces from Home Goods and decided to see which one we liked better. This gives you a better idea of just how large our "nook" really is. I was seriuosly tempted to just throw out the whole decorating idea and turn it in to my own personal clubhouse, but I put it to a vote and I lost. I would show you the picture of the other piece of art, but I am afraid you would like it better than the one we kept and that you would tell me and I would feel bad, so I'm not going to show you. ha.

This is our front room. We bought an eliptical machine and much to everyone's surprise I actually use it every weekday morning during Ryan's first nap. It is great. Granted, we have only had it for two weeks, but so far I haven't missed a single day. We still have our "groovy" looking college apartment sectional, but it is on our list to replace. We actually went to Costco to buy a sofa they had there only to find out that it was sold out. It was sad, but we are patiently waiting until the fall for them to get more furniture in stock. We have an unhealhty obsession with all things Costco. Deal with it. Oh yea, and I am going to replace that dinky little bookcase with one that matches our TV stand. It will be taller and better and beautifuller. I can't wait.

This is the face Ryan makes when I take pitcures of his room instead of picking him up right away after his nap. Don't worry, he got over it and I got good pictures. It was a win-win really.

It was so fun to FINALLY decorate a nursery for Ryan instead of just a corner of our room. I made his bumper and made the artwork for his wall. My mom gave me the letters for his name. I think it's cute.


Ryan's room has this neat little plant shelf above the door. (the ceilings are vaulted) We had some teddy bears and threw them up there. The other day when I was nursing him in the rocking chair he saw the bears for the first time and laughed. Now every time I nurse him I have to keep him focused on the task at hand or else he just talks and smiles to the bears the whole time.

I made a quilt using old shirts that we were going to give to DI along with the fabric I used to make his bumper. Please don't click on the picture to make it bigger. I will be embarassed.

The rocking chair and an unhung picture to hang on the wall. Don't mind the dorky little stools. I ordered a dresser for Ryan's room and we are just waiting for it to get here and then the stools will be gone. I ordered the dresser on February 6th and the last time I called they told me not to expect it until after April 27th. It is gay and I don't really want to talk about it. We'll see if I ever get my dresser... You should click on this one to enlarge it. My sister Lindsey took that picture of Ryan for her photo class and I framed it. It's pretty much the bomb.com.

Here is the new full sized crib and the bumper pad. Oh yea, and a mildly distressed little baby boy. That machine on his bookcase is a humidifier, not a time machine just in case you were wondering.

This picture was mostly so you could see the valance. I sewed this valance back in Provo for our front room in our apartment. I was proud of myself for being so resourceful and finding a new use for it. Well done me. :)

This is where you will sleep when you come to visit. (Unless I don't know you, in which case, please don't come visit. In fact, stop reading now. It is creepy that you have seen the inside of my house. I love blogging.)

This is our master bathroom. We have a sweet bathtub that I will never use because I never take a bath. It is still fun to say we have a sweet tub though. I have no color scheme or decorations in our bathroom yet. I have a little trouble committing to a color scheme and even more trouble coming up with the cash it takes to decorate a master bathroom. I figure no one sees it anyway. Oh, wait, except for you and the rest of the internet. Dang. Oh well.

Our plant shelf and time machine.

Is it weird that I am posting a picture of the master bedroom? Too bad, here it is anyway. We upgraded to a king sized bed when we moved here and we love it! It is my dream to someday buy an awesome bedroom set. Said set will be purchased at Costco of course.

Another picture of our front room. It is where we spend most of our time, so I thought it warranted more pictures.

Entryway and stairs. We changed out all the light fixtures like the second day we moved in. The ones we had before were gold and ugly. We went to DI a few days later and there were tons of our old light fixtures there. After that we decided to just throw them away. On one of our walks in the neighborhood, I was looking into peoples houses from the sidewalk (Yea, so what, I do that. It's their fault for leaving the blinds open and the lights on at night.) and tons of people still have the old, ugly, gold light fixtures in their houses so we will have to be careful who we talk to about them...

Our dining room. We actually have a ROOM for dining. Not just a hallway. Sometimes I think my life is a dream.

Kitchen. Love it.
More kitchen. I am too tired to write more.

If you made it to the end of this post, you are awesome. Like I mentioned before, we just got home from a weekend trip to St. George and Zion National Park. It was really fun and I got a ton of great pictures, but I am beat so I will have to save that for another day. Here is a sneak peak of what's in store.



Needless to say, we had a CRAZY good time! :)

9 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

I'm fine dealing with your Costco obsession by the way. Also, I will make sure NOT to mention the dumb dresser,that is taking until Ryan no longer even NEEDS a dresser to get here.

I love your house. Well done.

Jill said...

Beautiful house! I am so happy for you. You and Angie could open a decorating business together in your spare time.

Sarah said...

I love your house! It looks so cute!!! Oh and David is presenting at a conference in Vegas in July so i'm planning on coming to visit!!!

ChrisBCrazy said...

I feel like I've been there...oh wait, I have! And that guest bed is SO COMFORTABLE! I recommend it to all!

Holly said...

Thank you for sharing all the pictures! I love your house! And I'm impressed with how you decorated your little "nook." Things like that intimidate me, and rather than deal with them, I just let them be. So good for you! We're coming to Vegas in June, and we might just have to stop by and say hi sometime!

Konfusion with a K said...

I'm all over that guest bed best friend!! Your house is so cute! I love it! And even though you said not to, I clicked on the quilt picture to enlarge it -- I just couldn't help myself!

Ryan is so adorable and I can't wait to see more pictures! Yay! :)

Zach said...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. About the owl... let's just agree to disagree. :)

Mimi Collett said...

I. Loved. This. Post.

And I'm so excited to be at your house on Friday! Yay! It's coming up! :)

Heindogs said...

So, I think you should do all your posts and photo comments when you are tired. They are hilarious. I particularly like the usage of the word gay. It may be super immature, but I think it is funny, and I giggled out loud when I read it.
Oh, and I love what you have done to your house!!! It looks so great. You are quite the decorator.