On April 10th we drove down to St. George for a little impromptu Bellows family reunion. Kylene and Geoff drove down from Ogden, Jason and Kristen drove down from Pleasant Grove and Zach's mom and dad flew in from Virginia. It was so great to all be together again! On Saturday we went to Zion's for a couple of short hikes. Ryan loved being in the hiking backpack and taking in all the sites.

Here is Ryan in the car on our way to the hike. When we first went out to the cars to head out to the park, we found out that Kristen had a flat tire. We had to take a detour to an auto shop to fix the tire. Ryan had a blast being out of his car seat while we waited for the tire to get fixed and he even learned how to play peek-a-boo! Plus we got the tire fiixed! It was a productive stop all around.

Ryan got an awesome nap in on the drive to Zion's. Here he is in all his zonked out glory. Cute guy.

Zion's was BEAUTIFUL! It stayed beautiful all the way up until we parked and started hiking. That's when it started hailing.
Yea, it was awesome. 

Even with all the rain and hail, Ryan was in a great mood. He really loved the hiking backpack. He handled the crappy weather far better than I did. I was very crabby and ready to go home about five minutes into it. Luckily, we kept going and the weather got nice again. Just in time for us to reach the look-out.

When it was raining we had to drape a blanket over Ryan. He got a little mad when we totally covered him, so we left one side open as a little window for him to look out of. It was so cute to see his happy little face through the little opening. He was such a trooper.

Zach was a trooper as well. He had to do all the hikes with the baby backpack on. And these weren't wimpy little hikes (J and Kristen may disagree), they were on uneven terrain and over rocks and along cliffs and stuff. I'm pretty sure I could have been replaced by a sound bite that said "Be Careful!" every 30 seconds and no one would have known the difference. I quickly found that it was easier for me to hike ahead of Zach and Ryan. Watching from behind was just a little too stressful.

Here's the hiking gang. Pam, Kylene, Geoff and Logan stayed at the hotel. We missed them on the hikes. But I have to admit there was more than one moment as I was hiking in the rain, quickly getting soaked through and cold that they seemed like the lucky ones. The final view from the look-out was worth it though and as soon as the weather turned around I was happy to be there!

We were not prepared for the inclement weather. Ryan was just wearing two layers and a jacket. Luckily, ever prepared Jason had an extra shirt Ryan could wear. When we first put it on he was a little agitated that his hands were stuck in the sleeves. We rolled up the sleeves and as soon as his hands were out he started clapping! haha, he is adorable.

We were all tired after a long day of hiking. We spent the evening going out to Chilis for dinner and playing games in the hotel room. Needless to say, Ryan slept well that night.
1 comment:
I can't even handle how cute he looks poking his head out of the backpack! And I would have been exactly the same hiking behind Jeff with Jill in the backpack—a "be careful" machine! I can't believe it hailed! Weather is so random. :)
Post a Comment