Monday, May 25, 2009

Mischeif.

Ryan just recently learned how to open the kitchen cabinets. I tried to plan my kitchen around a baby the best I could. I put all the unbreakable dishes and cookbooks and things in the bottom cabinets. Unfortunately, he managed to find the cabinet with the baking stuff in it this week. By the time I caught him he was stuffing hand fulls of baking soda into his mouth as fast as he could.

I've decided to try out the "click it before you lose it" method of parenting. Before I get mad at something Ryan does I will take a picture. If nothing else, it should result in some good blogging material.
I have a feeling this is just the beginning...

5 comments:

Heindogs said...

oh boy! I bet you never thought of baking soda as a treat you need to keep put up. Hahaha! So cute! Good idea with the click it before you lose it thing. I wonder if I could have kept it together better these past 3 years with that......

Angela and Mike said...

Oh wow...look at that. You even got him crawling away. Nice action shot! I guess it's time to childproof those doors. I hate those little door clip things though. It was fun going to the pool with you this weekend...maybe it'll be warmer in the middle of the summer!

Megan said...

Baking soda, huh? Something only a baby could love I guess. I take pictures of Brenden first too. I don't know if it helps ease my frustration level with him at the moment, but it sure is fun to look back on later and laugh.

Rach said...

I read this post before the next one and thought, hey what's with the random dog sniffing around Ryan's bum?? But now I know it is a very specific random dog :)

Holly said...

I love these kinds of pictures--kitchen mischief! So funny! (Though I probably won't love them quite as much when they are MY pictures of MY little boy!) :) Ryan is so cute though! Hopefully this "click it before you lose it" method works. I'll have to remember that to try it out on Tucker.