Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Little Pea

Ryan has gone through a picky eating phase the past couple of weeks. He wouldn't eat baby food or bananas or rice cereal. Those were my go-to foods at Ryan's meal time. I had to get creative. Through this little phase, I discovered that he likes to eat Ritz crackers, Nutragrain bars and yogurt. I was worried that he wasn't getting enough vegetables, so I tried him out on some peas. I just buy the frozen ones and heat them in the microwave. Ryan loves them!

Today I was feeding him lunch and put a bunch of peas on his tray. (he likes to feed himself now) I noticed about half way through that he was taking each pea between his thumb and forefinger and smooshing it until the guts popped out, laughing and then eating it. At first I thought it was a fluke, but he was very consistent with it. Just about every third bite he would smash the pea before eating it. He thought it was hilarious! It was one of those times when I wish I had a hidden video camera! Silly baby.

* So I googled "pea" to find an image for this post and this was one of the results:

haha

4 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

That is a funny picture. Poor pea. I wonder why it's the "stupidest" vegetable ever. :) That's cute that he likes to mash out the inside of the peas!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I love the good results. Ryan is so silly :)

Anni Winings said...

Brooke, It's so true! Eliza has gotten into a green bean phase. I suppose next it will be macaroni and cheese or something.

Rach said...

So, that pea pic made me laugh out loud. Very loud. Which is embarrassing since I am at the public library with some rather interesting folks, and now they are probably thinking the same thing about me.