Well, I did it. I had been avoiding this day for as long as I could. But with the weather getting hot, it was only a matter of time. On Tuesday, I wore a swimming suit for the first time since being pregnant. And yes, it was as scary as it sounds. Needless to say, I wore a T-shirt over my suit the whole time. Yea, I'm one of
those moms now. Yuck.

Why would I submit myself to such torture you ask? Well, I did it because my baby LOVES the water! We didn't catch any of his smiles on camera, but he was smiling pretty much the whole time. I promise.

Zach's dad had a business trip here in Vegas this week and his mom tagged along for the trip. They are staying on the strip at New York, New York during the week and then will be joining us at our house this weekend. This is the first time we have had access to a pool, so it was an opportunity we couldn't pass up. Plus, we got to hang out with Grammy Pam for a couple of days which was really fun and totally worth the uncomfortableness that comes from being half dressed in front of total strangers.

Ryan loved the pool. As soon as his feet hit the water he started laughing. He is fearless in the water. Whenever Pam or I would be holding him and he was ready to go into the pool he would just launch off our laps. We had to keep a tight grip on him or he would have just gone out on his own. Luckily, we had this "little" float thing for him that helped a lot. Even after skipping his evening nap, he played happilly in the pool for over an hour.

In an effort to keep him from getting sun burned, I made sure he looked super dorky with a hat and a tank top. Yea, he's one of
those kids now. haha, poor thing. Unfortunately, Zach had to work and couldn't come on our first swimming adventure. If Zach was there, I'm sure this outfit would not have been tolerated.

We had so much fun on Tuesday that we came back again on Wednesday. We sat next to some guy who was drinking a lot and kept talking to us. (Never a good combination) He allegedly had a 14 month old at home that Ryan reminded him of. He went on and on about how he missed his son and how he felt like a bad parent because we were there with Ryan but he didn't bring his baby to Vegas with him. If this baby really does exist, I'd say he made a good decision leaving him home. No one wants a drunk dad with a baby in the pool. Scratch that. No one wants a drunk dad in the pool. period. Luckily, it was a big pool and we were able to swim to another area without too much trouble. :) Gotta love Vegas!

As I was making my way back to where Pam was, a kid (probably 10 or so) asked me, and I quote, "Is he a boy or a girl?" (refering to Ryan) I told him that HE was indeed a boy and continued on my way. Sometimes kids are dumb.
5 comments:
haha, I love that he is one of "those" babies and you are one of "those" moms. Hey, I will have good access to a pool right by my house (friends live in the neighborhood) ...so we'll probably have a pool for this summer! FUn right?
Super FUN! I can't wait!
that's why my bday present this year was a custom made swimsuit from billijo's :o) LOVE it! Makes me actually WANT to hit up the pool with my water baby. We've already done a month of swimming lessons and he just can't get enough.
That looks like it was so much fun! We are coming to Vegas for a week next month to vacation with my family, and I can't wait to take Tucker swimming for the first time. And, don't worry, he's also going to be one of THOSE kids wearing a shirt and hat too!
I think you look great! I am going to be putting on a swimsuit next week for the first time since being pregnant too, and I'm not looking forward to it. The things we do for our kids :)
Post a Comment