As all of you know, Ryan turned one on Friday, June 5th! I can't believe it has already been a whole year since he joined our family! On the one hand, time has really flown, but on the other, it's hard to remember when we didn't have him around! We started the day with a long walk which was cut short because he started crying for no reason. Yea, a real great way to start the day...We met Zach for lunch down by his office. I brought along one of Ryan's presents to the restaurant. He was super excited and he loved the curly bow I put on it.
Anxiously waiting to open his present. (I figured out why my pictures were all blurry the other day and why this picture is a little fuzzy. My flash was turned off. Genius.)
It was a car! He loves wheels right now so he spent the rest of the car ride home spinning the wheels of his new car.
After Zach got home from work we opened the rest of his presents. I bought him this cool tunnel that I was really excited to give him. He reacted just the way I wanted him too. He knew just what to do with it and crawled in and out of it for about ten minutes straight. (video below)
Zach's Aunt Susie got Ryan this awesome batmobile. Ryan loves it!
"Wow! A hanger! Grandma, you shouldn't have. Really. You shouldn't have."
By the end of the night he had unwrapping presents down pretty well. Who knew unwrapping a present was a learned skill?!
Next it was time to eat cake!
This boy likes his frosting.
Cheese!
This is the face Ryan makes when I won't give him the camera. I know, I'm mean. And on his birthday no less!
What's a birthday post without a picture in your birthday suit! After all that frosting, a bath was necessary.
There were still more presents to open after his bath. At this point Ryan was getting very tired. Look at that face.All in all it was a great day. And Ryan surprised us both by taking his first steps on his first birthday! I think it was all the excitement of the day catching up with him. He still prefers to crawl, but he is getting closer to walking every day!
We love you Ryan boy!
3 comments:
This was almost like being there...almost. Great post! Way to go Ryan on your first birthday and your first steps! I want to play with your tunnel too! Love you guys.
He looks so grown up in his bathtub picture--like a real live person, not a baby anymore!
A tunnel! You are the best mom ever. :) Did you make the block with "Ryan" on it? It looks way cute.
Post a Comment