Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Christmas Miracle

Boring back story: On February 6th I ordered a dresser online for Ryan's nursery. We were still in our rental and, when I ordered it, the expected delivery date was February 13th. No problem. February 13th came and went. We were closing on our house on February 24th. I called CymaxStores.com to change the delivery address to our new house. While on the phone changing the address I asked about the status of my order. They told me that it was on back order and the soonest I would get the dresser would be March 9th. I thought that was crazy, but I was willing to wait. March 9th came and went. I called. They informed me that the dresser was on back order and I could expect it to ship out on April 15th. I was miffed, but I could wait. April 15th came and went. I called. New date. May 8th. I was mad. It was getting a little ridiculous. Why did they let me order an item that was out of stock?! Also, why did they charge my credit card the day I purchased the item? They had my money for four months and yet I still had no dresser. May 8th came and went. I called. The dresser was still on back order until June 5th. I. was. livid. I got mad. I threatened to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I demanded to speak to a manager. I called them stupid and dishonest. I told them that there was nothing they could tell me to make things okay. I told them I had no confidence in anything they said because they told me I would have a dresser five months ago and I still had no dresser. That call ruined my day. After talking it over with Zach and reading a TON of negative comments about CymaxStores.com online I decided to cancel the order and hope that they would refund me the money. I kept meaning to call and cancel the order but time slipped away and life went on. On Tuesday, I got an email from CymaxStores.com. It said my dresser was out of stock and was expected to be in stock on June 22nd. I just rolled my eyes.

Then today out of the blue I got an email telling me that the dresser was in Henderson, NV and was going to be delivered via FedEx later TODAY! What the heck>?!

So, this afternoon the elusive dresser saga came to an end. A sketchy looking FedEx man dropped the 99 lb. box in my entry way at approximately 3:00pm. Ryan was napping so I ripped open the box and started putting it together.

When Ryan woke up he was so good and let me keep working. After playing with his toys he came over and started trying to help. It was the cutest thing. He would take a screw driver and pretend to screw in the screw I just finished screwing in.

In an effort to hide my true identity, I made sure my face was blurry in the above picture. Phew, that was close.

It took a long time to assemble the dresser. But, after waiting 5 whole months to get it, I was willing to put in the time .

My little helper. He turns one tomorrow! Can you believe it?!

Here is the before picture. No dresser, just two dorky looking stools.

After. I LOVE how it looks in Ryan's room! I finally got to hang the picture Lindsey took!



I got these cute little cube shelves from Target. I still need to find the perfect things to put on them, but these are good space holders until I find what I really want to put on them.

I got carried away with the pictures. Also, I'm not sure why they are all a little blurry. Weird.

Finally, after a whole year of life, my baby has a complete nursery! This is a momentous occasion! Wahoo!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow! It looks great. I never thought it would happen. What a great helper Ryan is. All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS!

Jill said...

Worth the wait? Sure! If it had come earlier, Ryan would not have been old enough to help assemble it!

Happy First Birthday, little guy.

Holly said...

The nursery looks great--especially with the dresser! I'm glad it finally came; what a pain! I'm really impressed that you put it together yourself (with Ryan's help of course). I would never attempt that on my own! Happy Birthday to Ryan! He is such a cutie, and I wish we lived closer so he and Tucker could be friends!

Mimi Collett said...

THE DRESSER CAME! YAY! The whole nursery looks great!