Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Huh?

A few weeks ago we bought the new sofa from Costco that we had been dreaming about. We love it! The only problem is we are now faced with trying to sell our old one. We have had a couple inquiries from our craiglist ad, but no one has actually shown up to see it when they said they would. Annoying. Anyway, this weekend we got an email from Gerald. We have seen enough scammer emails to be able to spot one a mile away and this was not a scam. He and Zach had been going back and forth with emails all weekend and even exchanged phone numbers. They finally set up an appointment for Gerald to come see the sofa at 8:00pm Tuesday evening. Things were looking up until Zach recieved this email at noon yesterday. (Keep in mind it is a full 8 hours before the appointment time.)
_____________________________________

From: Gerald
Date: Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: Sectional Sofa with reclining Ends (Northwest)
To: Zach


I apologize for not keeping my appointment to view your listed items but I'm filled with tears and sorrow watching Michael's Memorial on ABC, I grew up with Elvis and Watched and Admired MJ's Talent through the years and it has touched me dearly I will get back via' email in the next couple days
again I apoligise for any inconvienence
Gerald
_____________________________________________

Wow. Just wow. I now have mixed feelings about Mr. Gerald having our home address, but at the same time I am intrigued to meet this sensitive (and most likely psycho) Michael Jackson fan.

7 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Whoa. Is this guy for real? How interesting. Maybe you can secretly take a picture when he is there so we can see what he looks like...pretend you are taking a picture of the couch or something. haha.

Holly said...

That is crazy!!! And kinda funny at the same time. If he is a scammer, that's the most interesting story I've ever heard! You'll have to let us know if you ever hear from him again and/or meet him. Weird.

Rach said...

Ahh the joys and craziness of craigslist. Kind of makes you want to stay away from the personal ads...

Konfusion with a K said...

uhhh WOW... what a crazy!!!

Konfusion with a K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi Collett said...

Wow! So what did happen? Did he come get your couch?

Mimi Collett said...

Wow! So what did happen? Did he come get your couch?