With Ryan taking more regular afternoon naps, I now find the time to work on a few projects of my own. This is my latest completed project.
For Mother's Day, my mother in law gave me a set of quilting squares to make an I Spy quilt. I already own an I Spy quilt, so instead of make another one, I decided to use the squares to make an I Spy book. I think the book will be easier than the quilt to take along to, I don't know, church? I'm sure it will also be fun to take on road trips and airplanes in the future.
It was a really easy project and virtually free for me.
There is a pocket with a snap on the back cover to store the I Spy Cards.
I just went through the book and listed every item on every page. Then I randomized the list on excel and made nine little I Spy Cards with ten items each. My mom was nice enough to laminate the cards for me so they won't get beat up as the years go by.
Here is the book in action. Ryan is such a cooperative little model! (Note: These are all pictures of what he did on his own. They weren't staged at all. Granted, he probably isn't doing exactly what the captions say he is, but still. Impressive.)
13 comments:
What a crafty and great idea and one that will help with Sundays for a long time....What a good model Ryan is--I miss you all!
Awesome!! I love it!
What a great idea. I always loved the idea of an I Spy quilt, but with all the blankets we already have, and the fact that we don't keep a blanket spread out anymore, this book seems like the perfect alternative. I may copy you because Kiera definately needs more things to distract/entertain her during church!
I want to do this as well. Do you have a pattern?
Your book turned out great! I love it! You are so very crafty. Goes right along with your artsy side too!
AWESOME. I love the project too. Man, I wish I was you...you are so cool!
Wow! that is an incredible little book. he is such a cute little model. i love it!
Awesome! Ryan really is precocious - reading already!!
What a great idea, and what a cute little model Ryan is. I should start working on something like that too! Thanks for the inspiration!
UH-MAZE-ING! I cannot even handle how awesome you are! That book is so cool, and the cards are so cool. I love how Ryan's actions match your captions even if they may not, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you had him reading already. ;)
I LOVE this! You are amazing. Everything you do turns out beautifully. I may have to start collecting scraps for just this purpose....
Oh, yeah. Ryan's reading skills are quite spectacular.
could you be any awesomer? i don't think so. you're so creative! kudos to you best friend :)
This is a great idea! I love it!
Post a Comment