Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Wednesday is pool day.
Wednesday is pool day here at the Bellows' house. Wednesday is the day that our Ward has their swim group. This week the host family was out of town, so swim group was canceled. We were still determined to swim so we looked up some local public pools and found a great one!
Admission was only 2 bucks per person (0-3 years for free!). It had a zero entrance to the pool, which means it gradually gets deeper. It was perfect for Ryan to go exploring. He would walk in until the water got to his armpits and would probably have kept going if we didn't steer him back toward the shallow water.
There were several water features that caught his interest. There were fountains and a "mushroom waterfall". There was a big water slide and lap lanes. It felt great to be in the pool and escape the 110 degree heat for a little bit.
Ryan loved to walk on his own. He would go straight for the grassy hill and try to walk right up it. When he would eventually fall down, he would just continue crawling to the top. Right before we were about to leave, Ryan found a dime in one of the planters. He was so proud of his find. He carried it all around and out to the parking lot with him. I let him hold it for as long as I could, but once he started trying to put it in his mouth the fun was over. I took the dime.
He did not react well to his prized possession being snatched. He has been throwing fits lately and I am not a fan. I thought it was supposed to be terrible twos. I just don't see how he can get much more terrible than this. It sort of makes me not want to let him do anything he loves because as soon as it's time to move on he cries like his life is over. He is such a drama freak.
Luckily, five minutes later he was back to his normal babbling self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love the mowhawk in the last shot. OH no...tantrums. At least he is so cute all the other times that his cuteness outweighs his lameness. haha. I wanna go to the pool! Fun!
He is 100% cute, tantrums or not. (You and your sister look cute, too, by the way!)
I totally understand the "terrible twos" hitting a bit early. Will does the exact same thing - I just hope he grows out of it and it doesn't get worse once he really is two!
By the way, is that you in the pictures in a swimsuit?? You look great - and are very brave. Will and I go to Seven Peaks every week but I NEVER go without something covering my bottom half :)
So fun! :) Sounds like you had a great day. Hallie starting throwing tantrums sometime between 12 and 18 months. Unfortunately, some babies seem not to wait until they're two to be terrible. :(
That sounds like a fun pool! And what is it with toddlers and money. One of Kiera's favorite things is my jar of coins. She freaks out when I take them away. Who know they'd already have an attachment to money?!! Anyways, he sure is cute and is looking more and more grown up!
Post a Comment