Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 3 Run Down.

First, we'll play catch up. Last night we went to the sand dunes at Jockey's Ridge to watch the sunset. It was a lot of fun. Ryan and I didn't get to watch the sunset much because we were way too busy running down the sand dunes and running the sand through our fingers. Ryan was in a great mood until I made the mistake of asking him if he was thirsty. I don't know why I did that because I didn't have his water bottle. Unfortunately, he was indeed thirsty and became really frustrated when I did not present him with his treasured sippy cup of water. My bad. 

{Grandma Great, Rachel, Brooke, Ryan}

Today we spent the morning shopping with Grandma Jodi and Grandma Great. We went to this cute little shop called "The Christmas Mouse." It was my kind of store. It had tons and tons of Christmas decorations and ornaments. I, of course, found something for Ryan. It was the most adorable little Rottweiler stuffed animal. I told Ryan that if he could take good care of his new friend, then we would get him a real puppy when we got home to Vegas. The pressure's on. 

Ryan likes the puppy okay, but he doesn't love it. If I hand it to him he will hold it for about 30 seconds and then try to hand it back to me.  I'm beginning to think he may not have the attention span for a real dog. 

Yea, he's not that impressed with it. 

During Ryan's afternoon nap, I went to the beach to play in the ocean with Lindsey and her friend Megan. We had tons of fun catching some waves on the boogie board and riding the waves in on an inflatable raft. Ryan woke up while I was out and spent the afternoon with the Grandmas. He had a blast. 

After I came back from the beach, we filled the raft up with about three inches of water and let Ryan play in it out on the deck. He LOVED it. 

He also thought he would really love to hold the camera. Sorry dude. Not gonna happen.

Some sad news. My camera battery died last night. I left the charger in Las Vegas so no more beach pictures from my camera for the rest of the week. It was very depressing. Luckily, my mom has her camera and she is going to let me steal some pictures off of hers for the week. So have no fear Zach! The posts will continue!

... and it goes without saying but, WE MISS YOU!!!

3 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Poor Zach, missing the boogie boarding, Ryan enjoing his very first beach week, Jockey Ridge...and most terrible of all....THE CHRISTMAS MOUSE!!!hahahahaha
Thanks for posting...wish I was in OBX again!!!!

Mimi Collett said...

Filling the raft with water was such a great idea! You need the water proof, drop proof, etc. camera. :)

Angela and Mike said...

Looks like you are having a blast! We miss you guys!