Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 4: Aquarium and Rainy Beach

Today, we went to the Aquarium. I was hoping that Ryan would be really impressed by all the fish, but to be honest, he was much more interested in the other children and silver outlet covers on the ground. Oh well, maybe next time... 

One thing he was NOT interested in was wearing grandma's hat. 

{Uncle Chris and Ryan}

My sister Annie is on a mission so she missed beach week this year. In an effort to make her feel included, I made a "flat Annie". We have been taking pictures with her wherever we go. Here is the picture of me and "flat Annie" in front of the welcome sign. 

The only way we could keep Ryan moving at any kind of pace was to hold him on our shoulders. He apparently likes the view from our shoulders because he never complained while he was up there. 

A giant frog. 

Although the fish didn't capture Ryan's attention all the time, they would catch his eye every now and then. 


They had a tank with starfish, horseshoe crabs and hermit crabs that you could touch and hold. Ryan was much more interested in splashing the water and tried more than once to jump right in. 


Ryan and Grandma Great playing "Fall!" He loved taking the huge step up on the chairs and then "falling" down to the ground. "1, 2, 3, FALL!"

We got our classic family photo in front of the fish sculpture. It is kind of a tradition. There are two faces missing this year though. Sad.

There were thunder storms predicted this afternoon. Right before the storm moved in we all went outside to enjoy the cooler weather. The waves were much more gentle and the beach was deserted which gave Ryan a great opportunity to explore the ocean a little more freely. 

Ryan LOVED it! He was running all around. He would let out a playful scream when the tide would come in and touch his toes. He loved picking up the shells and rocks and handing them to me or anyone else who was around. 

He was all smiles all the time. I think he would have stayed out there forever if we let him. Unfortunately, the storm blew in and the rain got cold. Ryan was just getting the hang of a sand shovel when we decided to go in. He was shivering cold, but would have stayed out on the sand playing with the shovel all night long if he had his way. 

This little boy definitely loves the beach! 


5 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

1) I like your ocean dress!

2) My cousins carried around a "flat chris" of their brother that was on a mission and took pictures of him everywhere they went. How funny.

3) I'm jealous you are at the beach

Anni Winings said...

So fun to read! I wish we could take a summer vacation to the ocean, but John is so busy in summers. By the way, you look so great!

Konfusion with a K said...

Oh gosh I'm so loving all these beach pictures! And your hair is too adorable. Looks like a great trip so far!!! :)

Mimi Collett said...

So cute! And I love the flat Annie. Is there a flat Zach, too? Maybe it's more of a girl thing. You are looking so good by the way! And Ryan looks so cute in the last picture!

Holly said...

Sorry, I got a little behind on your posts, but I just played catch-up. First, Ryan is so, so cute! I wish we lived closer--I think he and Tucker could be fun friends. Second, you look great! I love your hair, and you look beautiful in every single picture. Seriously! What a fun, cute mom you are!