*I love Ryan's craugh (you know, Cry/Laugh) at the end of the video.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Hiking.
Today was a beautiful day in Vegas. There was a perfect cloud cover that kept the temperature at a delightful 78 degrees. It was awesome. We decided to take advantage of the cool weather and go hiking up Red Rock Canyon.
The first part of the hike was on a fairly flat gravel path. We let Ryan walk on his own until it got really rocky. He loved exploring and walking on his own! (Video below)
When the gravel path came to an end Ryan was more than happy to get in the hiking backpack. I think all that hiking on his own wore him out a little bit.
My cute boys. Zach is amazing. He hiked all the way without ever complaining about Ryan on his back. If I had to carry around an extra 25 pounds on my back you would hear about it! That's all I'm saying.
The rocks were beautiful and I noticed how quiet it was once we got into the canyon. It was nice to have a chance to enjoy the outdoors some more. With the 100+ degree days we have had the past two or three months, we rarely find ourselves enjoying time outside.
The hike ended at an amazing lookout point. We could see the strip pretty well, but the overcast day made it hard to capture on camera.
I think it is safe to say that Ryan LOVED the hike! It started raining on the way down, but only enough for it to be refreshing. We got a little off the beaten path on our way back and Zach had to do a few James Bond like moves to get down some of the cliffs (almost giving me a heart attack). But I'd say it was a successful little outing! We can't wait until October when everyday will be between 70 and 80 degrees. It will make the past few months so worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I enjoy your commentaries about the pictures, you're so funny.
That looks like fun! Where did you get that awesome backpack?
Can we do this when I come out Thanksgiving week? Minus the part of getting off the beaten path...I still have nightmares about my adventure on the mountain behind Jason's house......I promise to NOT expect Zach to carry me in the back pack!!!!!
Looks like fun. I love how Ryan straddles the rock. He is becoming so sure footed. Zach is looking very trim!
I totally laughed out loud where you wrote "that's all I'm saying." And Jeff laughed out loud when Ryan walked into Zach. So cute. And I am SO glad to finally have a word for the cry/laugh. Craugh. I love it. It looks like such a fun time! The hot weather sounds pretty unbearable, but I'm going to be so jealous during my snow and freezing winter when you're enjoying warm (or at least not freezing) weather!!
Post a Comment