Monday, October 26, 2009

Accent Wall.

When we first moved into our house, we had the whole interior painted "Golden Crest". After living in an apartment with stark white walls for the past three plus years, my Golden Crest house was a dream come true. As time went on, however, I started getting bored. The color became bland and boring and I needed something else. That's when the first thought of an accent wall came to mind. That was three months ago. For three months I have been plotting and planning and dreaming.

When I got a little bit of cash for my birthday I knew just what I wanted to do with it. Buy paint and make my accent dream a reality. I picked out a perfect weekend to paint. Unfortunately, that weekend turned out to be the same weekend a certain canine joined our family. Roxy ruined my plans. I'm not going to lie, I have held a grudge ever since.

Fast forward four weekends later. With a healthy dog and a baby that routinely goes to bed before 7:30pm, I got my golden opportunity this Saturday to FINALLY paint my accent wall. We went to Home Depot Saturday morning and I picked out the perfect color (Mermaid Net). IAfter Ryan and Roxy were asleep for the night, Zach and I got to work.

Turns out Zach is awesome at cutting in by hand. Who knew?!

Here are the before and afters:

before.

after.

before.

after.

We didn't paint under the cabinets because while we were at Home Depot we found the most awesomely perfect tile for a back-splash. I'm pretty sure it is impossible to go to Home Depot and not come out with an additional project to work on! Looks like we are booked for next weekend! :)

3 comments:

Kristen B. said...

It looks awesome!! I'm excited to see it in person :) See you guys in a few weeks... and if you need help with a back splash then...you can put us to work!

Mimi Collett said...

What a great color! :) And I'm excited to see how the black splash turns out as well. Sigh. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't tell you how envious I am! :) I'm happy that you finally got to do it and have one fewer thing to be upset at Roxy about. Hehe

Jodi said...

It looks great! You and Zach are a good team. And Roxy and Ryan are a good team....both down for the night by 7:30 pm. I wish I could do that!