Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cone of Shame


We got Roxy spayed yesterday. She has to wear that bad boy for 14 days. I don't think I'm going to make it. She has been running into everything and seems to be acting extra annoying, if that is even possible. All the while Ryan has decided that he doesn't like anything I give him for lunch. We tried bagel bites today and he refused to taste them. Bagel bites! Are you kidding me?

It seems like the only thing he will eat is a quesadilla made and served by Zach, which leaves him eating lunch about once a week on Saturdays. It is getting on my nerves.

I think I need to take a vacation from my problems. Namely Roxy and Ryan. The end.

14 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

You are a great MOM---hang in there...I wonder if Ryan helped you make his lunch...sometimes they do not need to eat as much. Poor Roxy--hope he gets used to it. He looks sad.

Angela and Mike said...

can I join you on your vacation? please?

Jessica said...

hang in there! Emma eats lunch maybe 2-3 times a week, but Riley now eats everything most of the time... they do grow out of it! Poor Roxy! We've done our time with the cone of shame, the worst part is when they bang into with that stupid cone! ;)

Jodi said...

What a sad, sad puppy. The bagel bites were a no go? I am so sorry. I don't suppose Ryan will let himself starve to death but it must be frustrating to fix meal after meal that he won't eat. Could he be cutting molars?

Empty Nester said...

This is the point where you need to go back and read some of your old blog entries and remember that this time will pass....I say you need to plan on a "vacation" with a nice long bubble bath, a book, and some chocolate!!!! And only come out of the tub once Zach has put Ryan to bed. Sorry it's been such a tough week for you!

Empty Nester said...

This is the point where you need to go back and read some of your old blog entries and remember that this time will pass....I say you need to plan on a "vacation" with a nice long bubble bath, a book, and some chocolate!!!! And only come out of the tub once Zach has put Ryan to bed. Sorry it's been such a tough week for you!

Christine and Nick said...

I feel ya with the no lunch. And because Callie doesn't eat lunch, she is begging me for a snack all day! Being a mom is great... :)

*Meg Larsen* said...

scotty sometimes goes days without eating more than a package of fruit snacks....

and then suddenly he'll try anything and eats like a family of three.

kids are weird.

Heindogs said...

Sounds like What about Bob has given you some good advice. Don't forget about the 'baby steps' advice..thats a keeper around here. I wouldn't stress too much about Ryan eating..they won't let themselves starve..Sometimes if my boys act disinterested in eating I just start eating something and make it sound delicious..Doesn't always work but it sometimes does...also..maybe a treat reward for after he finishes? I mean I'm not talkin a whole package of skittles..but maybe something that he can't resist. That one works great around here!

Jodi said...

I agree with Meg....kids are weird

We will never fully understand what motivates them so best not to stress over it.

Mimi Collett said...

Problem solved: Come visit me! :) Okay, not solved, but come visit me any way.

Love the UP reference. That movie was so great!!

I'm sorry Ryan and Roxy are being annoying. :( You're amazing! You can do it! And it's Ryan's own fault if he's hungry. He won't starve, and his growth won't be stunted. He might just hve a growly stomach for a while during this stage. :)

Kinzie Sue said...

Just watched Up this past weekend, so you made me laugh! Hopefully all your problems float away quickly. But lets just say this finicky eating has lasted much too long around our house too. Attempt to fix it while you can... if you can!

Mom & Dad said...

More blog pictures wanted by the Grandparents snowed in at home in Virginia all weekend---Please!!

Jodi said...

Yep. That last comment is true. Hang in there Pam! We will too.