Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!!

My mom and Lindsey were here last week and they left four days before Easter. Lame. Buuuuut, that means we took about a million pictures of Easter and now have an excuse to post them on the blog! Lucky you.

Here is the classic "Happy Easter" shot. Mouth full of jelly beans and all.

Ryan loved his Cars themed Easter pail. Someday when he is not obsessed with Cars, I dream of getting cute Easter baskets to use each year. Someday was not this year however, hence the Easter pail. Ryan dug right into the plastic Easter eggs and stuffed in as many jelly beans as he could fit into his mouth. After watching him do that, I snuck over to the eggs for the hunt and took out all but one jelly bean per egg.

The Easter bunny also brought Ryan two new cars, Lightning McQueen and Mater. I'm pretty sure he thought he had died and gone to heaven. He didn't put his new cars down all day.

Ryan played with his cars for about two minutes in the living room and then scooped them up and ran to the toy room to try them out there.

Success!
Ryan played happily with his new cars through the whole first session of Conference, which was awesome for us! While we were eating breakfast a bird flew right into our glass sliding door. BONK! It wasn't dead like the last bird who did that. It just sat on our back porch for ten or fifteen minutes. Roxy was intrigued.

This is her begging face. "Just let me outside for just a minute. It will only be a minute. Promise."

Roxy stared the bird down until it flew away. I think it was the most exciting part of her day.

After the first session of Conference we moved onto the Easter egg hunt in the backyard. Zach did an excellent job hiding the eggs. In fact he may have made it a little too easy. Ryan caught on fast and had a blast running around and excitedly screaming, "EGG!" each time he found a new one.
I hid this one in the tree. It was an egg he had already found, but he was having so much fun I re-hid a couple of them to keep the hunt going.

His "cheesy grin" seems to get cheesier everyday...

Checking out his loot. Once he got into the hunt he didn't open each egg as he found it. So after the hunt was over he had a lot of catching up to do. Every now and then he would come upon an egg that he already opened. When he reopened it to find no candy inside, he said to himself, "no" and threw the egg out of his basket.

Roxy tried to play it cool. She is trying to look really innocent in this picture but you will notice the egg by her front paw. One of Ryan's "duds" no doubt.

My mom bought Ryan a bubble gun that we pulled out after the egg hunt. This kid loves bubbles.

So does the dog. They both had tons of fun running through them, jumping at them and trying to eat them.

At one point I asked Zach if I could give it a try. It was a lot of fun. While I was using the bubble gun Zach said, "So really this bubble gun was for you. Not for Ryan at all." Interesting you say that Zach. Especially since I used it for all of two minutes and you spent a good twenty minutes doing this:

and this:
Yea, it was for me. After bubbles, we went on a walk and Roxy had her first encounter with a woman who is terrified of dogs. It was seriously pathetic to watch. Who would have thought a grown woman would spazz out so much in public all over a dog!? When we got back from our walk Ryan took a nap and we watched the afternoon session of conference and then headed over to some friends from the ward's house for a delicious Easter dinner. Thanks Sarah!

We had an awesome Easter as a family and were lucky to spend some of it with good friends too. Beyond all the candy and eggs and bubbles though, we are most grateful for our Savior and the real reason for Easter.

4 comments:

Empty Nester said...

The cheesy grin is particularly appealing when embedded with jelly beans...I'm wondering what it would have looked like it the jelly beans would have been red.

Mimi Collett said...

Tee hee, I love any reason you use to post lots of pictures! The bubble gun looks really fun. I think it is so cute how much Ryan loves Cars. Jill, Jeff, and I were going through the different videos we had on our computer, and one was of Ryan. I told Jill to pay attention, because that was her future husband. Haha.

Jodi said...

Looks like you had a great day. And yes, I agree, it was lame that we left. Glad our Easter shopping was appreciated though. Thanks for all the great pictures. Love you guys!

Jill said...

What a picture perfect day! Glad those little cars were such a hit. The simple joys of childhood.