Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"O" what a night!

My BFF, Kathryn, came to town this past weekend for a visit and we had so much fun! We stayed busy shopping, walking the strip, eating, talking, eating some more and hanging out. I think the highlight of the weekend though was going to the "O" Cirque du Soleil show on Friday night at the Bellagio! Thanks for the tickets Kathryn!


We got downtown in what we thought was plenty of time to pick up our tickets, get something to eat and get seated for our show. Turns out, we had everything timed just right. There was no wiggle room in our schedule. We got a little concerned about finding somewhere to eat on the strip, but ended up at a little Hot Dog place called "Pinks" just across the street from the Bellagio. We both got hamburgers. Hot dogs are not our cup of tea.

Walking around in high heels was not awesome. We were so happy to get to the theater and sit down. The show was amazing. It would have to be for me to stay awake for a 10pm show! And I did! :)


Kathryn left last night :( She took a red eye home, leaving Las Vegas at 11:00pm and arriving back in VA at 6:30am. Now that is a true friend right there! Before she left, we went to Sammy's for a farewell dinner. Angela and Colton came along and it was fun to spend some time with them! It is crazy to think we have all known eachother since before elementary school! Who would have thought 19 years later we would be eating dinner together in Las Vegas! I love life.


Ryan absolutely ADORED Kathryn. The infatuation was immediate. When we picked her up from the airport on Thursday morning he acted just as excited to see her as I was. He went right to her and let her hold him and they were best friends from that moment on. The very first night after we said family prayer, Ryan ran up to Kathryn and gave her a kiss! The above picture is from last night. Ryan is going to miss Kathryn as much as I do. Maybe more. :)

I included this picture because Ryan's face is hilarious. It looks like he is really upset and crying, but he is actually really happy and smiling. It can be confusing, I know. I think his photogenic days are a thing of the past. Kathryn looks good though.

Dear Kathryn,

Please quit your job, pack up Kostas and move to Vegas. Ok, cool, thanks.

Love, me

P.S. WE MISS YOU!

4 comments:

Konfusion with a K said...

Man! What a great trip that was! I definitely want a repeat of that! Even though we both had achy feet Friday night, everything was so worth it! Hopefully Roxy is not begging you guys to play tug with her and I will run your request by Kostas, hahah. MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!

Mimi Collett said...

How wonderful! It sounds like you had a ton of fun. Yay for super friends!!

Jill said...

Love all the pictures! So glad you could reunite. Time is a crazy thing, huh?

Angela and Mike said...

Yeah, Colton and I made an appearance on the blog. We are so cool. haha.

And yes, time is crazy mom. Here we are all grown up and stuff with husbands/ babies etc...but I still feel like the same person as when we knew eachother yyyyeeeaaarrrs ago.