Friday, May 14, 2010

Swimming Success!

Ryan and I went on our first swim of the season today. It was a clear, sunny 80 degree day with no wind! It was just perfect.

I wanted to invite our friends to come with us, but this was kind of an exploring trip as much as a swimming trip. This is the pool we will be using all summer and I wasn't sure what to expect. I decided not to invite anyone this time just in case it was dumb and we had to go home.
I was really excited to find out that the pool is awesome! If you look at the picture above, the whole pool until you get to the stairs is 1/2 foot deep. Perfect for Ryan! And while Ryan is having fun in the shallow end, I can sit on the steps and stay out of the heat. Something that I am sure I will want to do a lot of as the weeks go by and this baby inside me gets bigger.
Ryan loved to walk around with his watering can and ball.
He spent most of his time throwing the ball and retrieving it. He had a blast!
He got a little concerned when he found a petal in the water.
After swimming for about an hour we headed over to the park next to the pool. It was a good transition from pool to car. Ryan found some steering wheels and was in heaven.
I am so excited to go back to the pool over and over again this summer. I am sure it will turn into our second home. Nothing beats a cool pool on a hot summer day!

5 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Where is this pool? And WHY wasn't I invited! haha. Okay, this needs to become a regular event multiple times a week.

Mimi Collett said...

That looks awesome! It really looks like it is a private pool. Where are the crowds?? And how genius to transition from the park in between the pool and car, because then he can dry out a bit, too. What a great find!! I'm glad it wasn't dumb. Haha.

Jodi said...

Swimming and summer just go together. And, since Las Vegas is in the summer mode about 6 months out of the year, it is wonderful that you have access to a great pool.

Jill said...

Looks like perfect fun!

The Rollo Crew said...

Ok ok...spill the beans. Where is this pool located??
XOXO Melanie