Monday, August 9, 2010

Nap Boycott.

This morning I did everything I could to wear Ryan out. We went on a walk. We went to the grocery store. We met friends at Costco and ran around the food court for a while. We went to the bank. We got home about 20 minutes before Ryan's normal nap time. I was thinking I did pretty good.

Unfortunately, 15 minutes after I put Ryan in his bed for a nap I heard him start laughing and jumping around. I ignored him for a good 30 minutes and tried to take a nap myself. In all my efforts to wear Ryan out, I wore myself out. Finally, about 45 minutes after I put him upstairs, he started crying and calling my name. When I went into his bedroom he had thrown everything out of his crib. (pillow, blankets, stuffed animals, binkies, everything).

I was feeling very gipped and very tired. I need nap time! Ryan was bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to play. He kept it up until about 5:00pm. One minute he was watching "Cars" and the next minute he was out.



I am just grateful that he is not transitioning out of his nap yet! At 8 months pregnant, I don't think I could handle that. I'm hopeful he will keep napping for atleast a few more months!


3 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

I love the pictures..but I'm so sorry about no nap. We've had that SAME scenario happen many times, and I just about lose it! A mother NEEDS her kids to nap for her sanity. It's funny to think of them laughing in their cribs, but not very funny when it only lasts for 30 mins and then turns into crying. Silly Ryan...

Mimi Collett said...

I have a friend with a Sunbeam and a kindergartener. Neither nap anymore, but she has a set quiet time every day for either one hour or two hours. Both kids go into their rooms, and they can read, or watch a movie, or play with toys, or do anything as long as they stay in their rooms. Then she blogs or sews or does whatever "her time" things she needs, like take a nap. I've gone over there before during it, and it works really well. I think I will try it when my kids outgrow nap time. Hopefully if I'm consistent and always do it, then they'll be as good about it as her kids are.

Jodi said...

Oh, how I would love to just drop and take a nap when I was tired. Come to think of it, I would probably end up napping in the aisles of Target or in the line at the post office. Maybe that would not be such a good idea after all. Nap on Ryan... enjoy it while you can!