Sunday, October 24, 2010

6 Week Magic

best.picture.ever.

Today is Brady's 6 week birthday. He is growing like a weed. He is already filling out 3-6mo. sized onsies. I have drawers full of newborn and 0-3mo. clothes he will never get to wear. I would be lying if I told you the last six weeks were easy. Up until recently (and I am talking within the last 2 days), Brady was a fussy, grouchy little guy. But something magical has happened at this 6 week mark. I actually changed a diaper and outfit today with no tears! (from either party) That, my friends, is progress!

In fact today at church he was an angel all three hours. These pictures are from today after church. He laid on a blanket happily for over 15 minutes. (3 days ago he wouldn't let me set him down at all!)

We are excited to have a happy baby in the house. We are hoping that a happy baby= a happy toddler and a happy baby+ a happy toddler= one really happy mom!

We love you Brady boy!

Here is video proof of Brady's transformation. Anyone who has met him will realize how amazingly awesome this really is!


6 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

OH MY GOODNESS. I am thrilled! That video is seriously of a different child than my dear grouchy Brady! I can't believe it. 15 mins on the ground is AMAZING. Seriously. What a wonderful idea to think you could actually lay him down and have him be content for a period of time!

Also, his little face looks so cute when it's not crying :) haha. It is cute even when it's crying too though :). The video is so cute because he's totally responding and giving sweet smiles! Ooooo I need to see him again!

Maybe it was my magic touch when we hung out on Friday at the park :)

Lindsey said...

Please come visit me now. Please.

Jason Bellows said...

You are back at church for all 3 hours after only 6 weeks. Kristen, mother of our 11 week old, are you listening to this!

Mimi Collett said...

Love your math: "happy baby= a happy toddler and a happy baby+ a happy toddler= one really happy mom!"

Jill keeps pointing at the screen and saying "baby." She really liked the Brady video.

Deanna said...

There really IS something magical about the 6 wk mark. Azure was a very colicky baby and at 6 wks it got SO much better. Hope it continues to go smoothly!

Jodi said...

Is this the same baby?! Size and temperament make it suspect. Still very cute though! Seriously, I am so glad things are easing up. And I miss you all.