Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween!

Not suprisingly, Ryan wanted to be Thomas the Tank Engine this year. We tried to get him to use one of the costumes we already had (a monkey, dumbo or Tigger) and he refused. So we went to Target on Friday night and found this gem. It was 30% off! For once, procrastination paid off! :)
The above picture has been three years in the making. I bought that little outfit just after I found out I was pregnant with Ryan in October 2007. I bought it in a 3-6 month size seeing as Ryan would be 4 months old in October 2008. As it turned out, Ryan was gigantic and was waaayy too big for it by Halloween. Luckily, Brady was just the right size this year. I'd say it was worth the wait.
We had a ward party and stake trunk or treat on Saturday. Ryan wore his McQueen "BOO" shirt to the party and his Thomas costume to the trunk or treating.

I don't know what to do about Ryan's smile. It makes me laugh.
Ryan made out like a bandit at trunk or treating, bringing home more candy than any 2 year old should have. I think Zach and I may just have to help him with some of it.
On Halloween Zach's mom, Aunt Deb and Grandma and Grandpa came to visit. It was awesome to have Brady meet his great-grandparents. They came all the way from Indiana to see Brady and Ryan. We love them.
Ryan had to try on his costume for Grandma and Grandpa.
There is one house in our neighborhood that goes all out for Halloween. They decorate with huge spiders and spider webs. We decided to take Ryan to their house to see it.
We spent the rest of the evening handing out candy to trick or treaters. Ryan loved handing out candy to the kids that came. He would get really excited when he heard kids coming and would say, "kids coming!" grab a piece of candy and eagerly anticipate their arrival.
Ryan sat in his little rocking chair next to Zach and I on the porch. People thought he was adorable. I had to agree.
Waiting for the next trick or treaters, candy ready.
Hope you had a happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

I LOVE THE THOMAS costume. Colton is going to be so excited to see these pictures in the morning. I can't wait to show him, he's ALL about Thomas these days too :)

I'm so glad you guys are feeling better. and yes, that Brady outfit is great...worth the wait!

Jodi said...

I love this post. It made me so happy. Ryan is the cutest Thomas the Tank Engine ever! Brady also looks adorable in his Halloween outfit. The pictures with the great grandparents are precious. Looks like Halloween was great for the Bellows!

Mimi Collett said...

Cute, cute, cute! And I remember that once forlorn Halloween pumpkin outfit. Yay for it fitting Brady!! :) Your Halloween looks considerably warmer than ours.