Friday, December 17, 2010

On the 5th Day of Christmas...

My Christmas tree. I love my tree. Last year for Christmas my whole family came from Virginia to spend Christmas with us in our home. I didn't have a tree. Well, that's not totally true. I had a 3 foot tree from my college days. With our vaulted ceilings I dreamed of a beautiful 9 foot Christmas tree. I woke up extra early the day after Christmas so I could snag one on clearance. We went to Home Depot, Lowes, Michaels, anywhere that sold Christmas trees. No luck. They all had several beautiful 7.5 foot trees, but no 9 footers! I was so frustrated. I think I might have even cried. (Although, to my defense I was pregnant with Brady- I just didn't know it yet.)

Fast forward a few weeks. We went up to Utah to visit my grandma and see our friend's new baby. I was still looking for a Christmas tree, but had almost come to terms with the fact that I had missed my chance. The last night we were there, Zach and I stopped at a Roberts store by my grandma's house. There it was. The perfect tree. The one I had been dreaming of. Even though it was well into January and I thought it should be more discounted than it was, I bought it. I was so excited.

The only problem was we were in Utah with no way to get it home to Vegas. We had driven our Matrix and brought the dog so there was no room for it in the car. We ended up storing it in my grandma's garage (thanks grandma!) for a few months. Then in May my grandma brought the tree to St. George with her and I met her there to pick up. Then it sat in our garage until the weekend before Thanksgiving when I couldn't wait any longer and decided to set it up.

And that's the story of my Christmas tree. The end.

It is just as beautiful as I remember.


***This year's post-Christmas hunt will be for the perfect star. Wish me luck. Hopefully there will be no tears. We shall see...

3 comments:

Empty Nester said...

And if there are tears, does it mean the same as last year (tee hee hee)

Brooke said...

definitely not. ha ha ha Deb.

Mimi Collett said...

That is a beautiful tree! :) I hope your hunt for a star is going well.