Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ryan Are You a Baby?


Speaking of babies, can I tell you about mine? He is the cutest. For reals. It took 11 weeks to get here, but we finally made it. I am LOVING having him around. He has started consistently taking naps this week. Consistent... that's a word I never thought I would ever use to describe anything in my life again! But he does. He takes a morning nap in his crib, a mid-morning nap on the go (in his carseat) and a nice looooong afternoon nap in his swing. Like a CHAMP! We really are at a great place right now. He sleeps long enough for me to do all the stuff I want to do (i.e. bake cookies, play with Ryan, blog, shower, etc.) but not long enough for me to possibly get to the stuff I don't want to do (i.e. clean the bathrooms, pick up the dog poop in the backyard, do the dishes). It really is a beautiful thing.

And did I mention he is cute?Here he is patiently waiting for clean clothes after a major blow out. This kid no longer has daily normal sized dirty diapers, he just saves it up for days and then makes a huge mess. It's awesome I tell you. Just awesome. But the real awesome thing is the fact that he is patiently waiting. This is a new Brady trait. I am loving it.
I feel like I can finally read his cries. If he has been up for a while, he cries because he is tired. If he has been sleeping for a while he cries because he is hungry. It's that simple. Reading back in my journal, it took me until Ryan was almost 7 months old before I could really know why he was crying. Maybe things will be a little easier the second time around...

I can honestly say that I enjoy having two kids now. And that's saying a lot coming from the mom who threatened her crying newborn with adoption on their third night home from the hospital. (A funny joke now, but I don't know if I was so much joking back then...)

Also, I made these Rudolph cookies yesterday. That's all.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Congratulations! I am so happy that things have gotten better. Naps are truly a wonderful thing. And Ryan really isn't a baby anymore...he is talking sooooo well. I can hardly wait to see these cute boys in January!
p.s. I think your reindeer cookies are adorable!

DoubravaFam said...

Okay..maybe it's time for me to admit that I blog stalk you!! I think I saw it on Kathryn's and I love reading it!! Your boys are so cute!! I love your Reindeer cookies! I saw them in Parent's magazine and was thinking about making them for my primary kids for Christmas!

Anyway--sorry if it's weird that I'm admitting my blog stalking--hopefully you remember me from VA (Megan McDonald- Hernon ward)!

Angela and Mike said...

I love so many things about this post.

I love Ryan's video. Love him.
I love the pictures of Brady's cute belly. Love him.
I love the cookies!
I love that life is FINALLY settling in.

Please please please remind me of this hope when I have my next baby and feel like I've never get through!

Way to go Brooke. I'm so glad Brady is getting better...and we all know Ryan has always been perfect so...I'm glad that Ryan is getting even cuter. haha.

Empty Nester said...

I am so glad things are now in a new routine of motherhood!!! And that blogging time has returned!! P.S. I could use a raindeer cookie in my stocking this year...hahaha. Give all of your boys a hug from me!

Empty Nester said...

P.S. I've noticed Ryan is loosing his cheesy grin...must be because he is "just a kid"...and a cute kid at that.

Mimi Collett said...

Awww He's "just a kid." So cute. And yay for being happy to have two kids!! :) I've been thinking about that recently, how much I love the routine I have in my life right now. And I think to myself, do I really want to start over again with all of that newborn stuff? And then I remind myself that it is too late and that this won't be the last time I start all over again with that newborn stuff. Sigh. At least the older kids will get more and more helpful (*cross fingers*) with every subsequent pregnancy.

Those reindeer cookies are awesome!