Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hiking: Round 2

Since it was cold the last time we tried to go hiking, we decided to try it again today. The weather was beautiful and it was a lot of fun. So fun, in fact, that a certain 2 year old threw a fit (complete with kicking and screaming) when we had to turn around. All things considered though, it was a successful family outing.

The highlight for Ryan was throwing rocks into a stream along the path (see picture above). As always, Roxy loved her time off leash in the great outdoors.

On the way home we noticed Ryan in the back seat panting with Roxy. He would watch her pant and with total concentration stick his tongue out and try to pant along with her. My attempt to get it on camera was first met with suspicion, but after about 25 seconds I caught him in the act! Enjoy!


Apparently hiking can wear you out even when you are just along for the ride...

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks like a lot of fun. It rained, and I mean seriously rained, ALL day today. I would have loved to have been hiking with you all. Ryan makes a very cute dog.

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I can totally relate to the kicking screaming thing :) That's why I carry chocolate chips in my purse just for such occasions when the kicking and screaming happens in the middle of a store :) haha.

Glad you guys had fun! It was gorgeous today. and yes, throwing rocks in a stream is the ultimate most awesome thing to do if you are a 2 year old boy!

Mimi Collett said...

Haha. aww sleeping Brady in the backpack. I am glad the weather was wonderful the second time! And yay for pictures of Brooke. The mommy was there! We have 23 pictures of Jill's first swimming lesson. Even one of Daniel sleeping in his car seat. But none of me. You can see my shoulder in one. Ha. :)