Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My First 10K

While we were in Utah over Memorial Day I ran in my first ever 10k. My goal was to run it in an hour. My final time was 54 minutes 43 seconds. Take that goal!

I made a goal while I was pregnant with Brady to run a half marathon after he was born. I watched Biggest Loser while I was pregnant and they ran a full marathon so I thought if they could do that I could surely run half that far. It's an easy thing to make a goal when you are fat and pregnant on your couch. But, Brady is here now and it's time to face the music.

This race was one milestone toward that goal.

I couldn't have done it without my little cheer squad. They met me at different points during the race to cheer me on and pick up layers of clothes that I didn't need.

It was raining/snowing on the morning of the race. We only packed summer clothes for our trip, but had all our winter clothes in boxes with the move so we had to dig out coats and sweatshirts.

I promised Ryan a treat afterward for being so good so we picked up Oreos on the way home. (Thus his chocolatey grin in the above picture.)

4 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

That is a really awesome goal, I am impressed. And you look fantastic! Ryan's cute little chocolate smile is killing me, ha ha.

Jodi said...

You are AWESOME! Congratulations! I am so proud of you :)

Mimi Collett said...

I am so impressed! You are amazing. I wish you were here. I have/had a goal to run a 5K by the end of the summer, but I can't find anyone to run with me and I am really, really bad at motivating myself.

Rach said...

Yay for 10K! And way to turn pregnancy goals into reality.