{Photo taken by Lindsey of our personal boardwalk to the beach}
All Ryan wanted to do once we got here was go down to the beach. He didn't get a good trip down on Saturday because we got in so late. We had to get groceries, eat dinner, unpack, get babies in bed, etc. So the first thing he said Sunday morning was, "Let's go to the beach!" It was not fun to break it to him that first we had to eat breakfast and go to church. Talk about a let down. So as soon as we got home from church we headed straight for the ocean. He loved it. He was very cautious at first but got very bold by the end of the afternoon.
Ryan loves playing in the surf. We didn't wear our swimming suits to the beach on Sunday because we weren't planning on going swimming- but by the time we went back to the house Ryan was soaked from head to toe.
We liked to chase the waves out and run back as they came crashing back in. It was a great game to wear sweet little Ryan out for a good nap.
Grandma Jodi brought her kite as always. Ryan loved to watch it go higher and higher. Sunday was the perfect day for a kite.
Ryan also played with the ribbon dancers and loved them too.
Don't stand down wind from the ribbon dancer. You will get tangled in it.
After coming back from the beach and getting all washed off Ryan joined Chris for a little Nintendo. He gets really into the games and sometimes thinks he is playing even though his controller is never plugged in. It's pretty cute.
All that beach play made for one tired toddler. He took a three hour nap and woke up just in time for dinner.
Brady has crazy awesome beach hair. He will be due for a birthday haircut when we get home.
I love this picture of Ryan. Lindsey took it while we were having a pillow fight.
Sunday evening we headed back out for a walk on the beach. It was lovely.
This is my nephew, baby J. He is the most adorable, easy-going, cuddly baby I know. I just love him.
And that's all for our first full day at the beach!
Sunday evening we headed back out for a walk on the beach. It was lovely.
We miss you Zach! See you in a week!

6 comments:
Oh I'm so jealous--it looks like so much fun! Poor Zach! We'll be sure to feed him & keep him company while you're gone. :)
OH Brooke, it looks just glorious. Beachfront? Family? Food? Awesome. Little Brady is getting so grown up...tear. And I just love that Ryan. OH how I miss you guys. Have a wonderful vacation!
Keep these posts and pictures coming!
I am so wanting a beach week...this makes me jealous!! Poor Zach to miss out on beach week and "emilyyyyyy monopolyyyyyyyyyyyy"
Poor Z! One day, Buddy!
That sounds kind of nice: to sit back and let others take the pictures. I am not sure if anyone else would though in my family. Ha.
Soooo jealous!! I wanted my beach vacation to last forever! Ah! I am so glad you guys had a great time, and I hope the drive back was not the same 10 hour one at the beginning! How awful!
Post a Comment