On Monday evening we met up with Lindsey at the duck pond south of campus to feed the ducks all our moldy bread. If you haven't been to the duck pond recently, I highly recommend it. They put in a boardwalk all around the pond and the pathways that go up the hill to campus are really neat too. There are waterfalls and everything. The kids loved it. Brady loved it up until the point where we got to the actual pond and stopped to feed the ducks. At that point he just wanted OUT!

It was great to see Lindsey on a day other than Sunday. She was so sweet to take time away from studying to come with us. The sacrifices she makes for her nephews! Ryan's little friend from play group had a birthday earlier that day which explains(?) the birthday hat Ryan is wearing. He wore it all. day.

There were some baby ducks that were oh, so cute. I guess they were more like adolescents but without the attitude and general ickiness that is associated with adolescents of our species. They liked Ryan best. I think they were a good judge of character.

Zach's dad gave Ryan a duck "quacker" while we were in Virginia this summer. It was fun to actually put it to good use. All the ducks turned their heads when they heard his quacker.


It was a fun time. Thanks Linds!
3 comments:
I was just reading an article that talked about changes to that side of campus. I want to see it!! The boardwalk looks really cool in your pictures. Are the "be careful after dark" signs still up? You're lucky to be there while your sister is there. How wonderful. And that quacker (ha. almost wrote "Quaker") seems like the perfect thing to take to the duck pond!
I am so glad that Ryan got to quack at/with the ducks. Looks like a fun outing. Wish I could have come.
haha, okay, I am laughing at Ryan wearing the party hat all day. Love that kid.
Post a Comment