Meet Binky Bear. He is the newest addition to the Bellows clan. If you know Ryan at all, you know he has a love affair with binks that has been three years in the making. After Brady was born, I decided I was done buying for Ryan. He was no longer the baby. Slowly all his binkies started breaking. As they broke we threw them away. Ryan was aware that once all the binkies broke, that was it and he would be done with binks forever. This summer, we finally got down to the last two binkies. With the move and our vacation plans I didn't want to shake things up too much for our little Ry guy, so the binkies remained.
We are now moved in and after waiting almost an entire year for those two binkies to break, it was time for those binkies to GO! Ryan is three years old. It was getting a little ridiculous. So yesterday I took things into my own hands. We went to Build-a-Bear and let Ryan pick out a bear he liked. Along with the stuffing, I had Ryan put his last two binkies in the bear. And that's how Binky Bear came into existence.So far, so good.
Next up- potty training! We're gonna turn this kid into a big boy yet. I just don't want to talk about it. Frankly, potty training sounds horrible and I am so not cut out for horrible right now.
Binky Bear came to WalMart with us yesterday and Brady was thrilled to find some glasses that he could actually play with. He has been vying for Ryan's glasses for months.In other news:
Brady is cute and Lindsey is beautiful. What's new?
We went with the Bellows to temple square to get pictures of the five grandsons 3 and under. Zach's mom bought all the boys BYU shirts and they looked ooh, so cute. This is the only picture I took. I am hoping I can get some copies of the group pictures. I don't know why I didn't think to take some. This whole camera phone takes some getting used to I guess.
Best "kid eating peas" picture ever. He is happiest when eating. Just like his momma.
Like I said, so cute.the end.
8 comments:
What an awesome idea for binky bear! And I love the little cars pajamas on him. Good luck with potty training. I was expecting the worst & it ended up not being as terrible as I imagined. My advice would be to just stick with it once you start, and don't expect perfection...for at least the first year. (As Tucker still has occasional accidents & it's been almost a year...!) :)
That's a great idea to put the binkies in the bear. My daughter is 4 and still sucks her thumb. Unfortunately I can't cut off her thumb! Good luck with potty training.
Binky Bear!!!! Great idea....and somehow he looks like Ryan. I am betting potty training goes better than you think. Ryan is such a big boy!!!!
with potty training, try it for a few days. If you both want to kill each other after those couple days, take a break. I had to do that with callie a couple times till she finally decided she was ready. Now she has no accidents and it is so nice!
So you found the other binky after all! What a great idea to tuck them safely inside a build a bear! Good thinking! You are a genius. Hope the nights go well with Binky Bear. Will the same idea work for potty training? You know...put the diapers in the bear? Ha ha. You could call him stinky bear!
Awesome idea for getting rid of binkies. Good luck with the potty training!
I was REALLY nervous about potty training too - it seems like everyone you talk to tells you how horrible it is. I waited until Will was older too (about three months ago) and it was actually pretty easy. The first morning was a little stressful, but he caught on quickly. I really hope it goes the same for you! I used a program that my sister-in-law used for her little boy - I can email it to you if you want. Let me know. Good luck!
That is such a good idea! How is it working?
And check out Brady's blond hair!!
Post a Comment