St. Patrick's Day was yesterday. Ryan's favorite color is green and ever since I told him about St. Patrick's day back in February he has been asking me about it. My mom knew it was going to be a fun day for him and sent a package a couple weeks back. Since then, the anticipation has grown with each passing day!


Ryan and Brady wore their green shirts from Grandma Jodi to church last Sunday and for the past week Ryan has been asking me every morning, "Is it St. Patrick's Day today!?" It was so fun to finally tell him, "Yes!" and go celebrate!

We started the morning off with green pancakes. They were a hit!

I was so happy that Ryan knew what the whipped cream was supposed to be. He excitedly told me, "It's a shamrock!" when I put it in front of him. He told me he played a game with shamrocks in it at preschool. Thank you Holly!

This picture is awesome. Ryan was sick of smiling so I told him to get excited and say "It's St. Patrick's Day!" This was my attempt at catching the excited face.

We had decorations.

And we all wore GREEN!


The party really began once Zach's sister, Kylene, and her family came at lunch time. We set the kids up at their own table and they loved it. Ryan loves his cousins so much and they had a blast all day long playing with each other!

For lunch they had green grapes, celery, green jello, green macaroni and cheese and green lemon lime juice. For dessert: Green cupcakes!!!

The older boys went the park while the littlest boys napped, had a shamrock scavenger hunt and went to Jump Around Town after dinner. It was a fun day!

By dinner time I had run out of green food ideas- but it didn't seem to dampen the mood at all!

I can't believe all the Bellows' grandsons can sit at their own "kids table" at family dinners. It is awesome.
Thanks for the fun day Brooks family and J&Kristen!
Until next St. Patrick's day...
we have already started a countdown. :)
4 comments:
It's so fun how kids enjoy holidays!
You know how to throw a party!
I love that you had things planned the whole day, and I did nothing. NO-thing. haha. You guys are so much fun!
Aww the cousin table is so cute! :) Where did the time go??
Post a Comment