Monday, April 16, 2012

48 hours in St. George

This past weekend we spent a quick 48 hours (including 8 hours in travel time) in St. George. Our main objective in making the trek down there was to pick up this:

I know, what the heck?! Right?! I don't know how it happened. One second Zach is mentioning hypothetically, maybe, in some alternate reality how it would be nice to have a motorcycle to commute to his internship this summer since we are only bringing one car and then next thing I know I am following him home while he is driving his new motorcycle back to Doug and Pam's house in St. George. I literally have no idea how it happened. Alternate reality- here we are.

Ryan is a fan, however. And I love me a little boy in that giant helmet.

St. George is pretty much our favorite place in the world. The boys are always in the best moods there and we are able to revert to total relaxation mode. I walked in on the boys "fishing" together the first night we were there. They never play this well together at home. St. George is magic.

We got into town Friday evening and left Sunday afternoon. Saturday was our only full day there and it rained all. day. long. We headed to the pool and had a fun time. I had just finished getting Brady half dressed and ready to leave and had turned my attention to getting Ryan dressed. When I turned around to check on the B-man, this is what I found:
Haha. Chubby knees. Ryan wanted to get in on the action and posed for a picture as well.
A new addition to the St. George awesomeness this go round was a Lightning McQueen bike with training wheels for Ryan to ride. He was in bike heaven. He loved riding so much that he was happy to ride in the rain. And ride he did.

With Ryan happily riding the big bike, Brady was free to enjoy the coveted red and yellow bike. Normally he wouldn't get to lay a finger on the bike because Ryan was obsessed. But now that Ryan has moved on to bigger and better things, Brady can swoop in and play with the trike to his heart's content. That's life as a second child for you.

On Saturday night we had our first ever Family Movie Night. We wore pajamas and ate popcorn and watched Kung Fu Panda 2*. On Sunday we went to church and Ryan spent the afternoon in the backyard looking for inner peace*.
Until next time St. George! Peace out.

6 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Loved the photos.....and glad you had a great time!

Marissa Waddell said...

I must have missed it, where are you interning?

Marissa Waddell said...

I must have missed it, where are you interning?

Mimi Collett said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!!

A motorcycle?!?!?!?! :)

Mimi Collett said...

Oh, and haha, Jeff's only response was a casual "again?" :)

Rach said...

I love the chubby knees. And the huge helmet. And the alternate reality. In my alternate reality, we wouldn't live so far from J's cousins!