Friday, June 22, 2012

Mean

Brady is obsessed with whatever Ryan is doing. So when I put Ryan in time out this afternoon for throwing a sock at me, I was not surprised when Brady lined up, nose to the wall, for his turn. I chuckled and said, "Oh Brady, you don't need to go in time out honey." Ryan chimed in, "Yeah, we only go in time out when mom is being mean and she's not being mean right now."

Glad to know my discipline is so effective.

D'oh!


4 comments:

Holly said...

So funny! On the flip side, Tucker told me today I was being a "very good Mom" for disciplining Calvin when he kept poking Tucker in the eye. Funny how I'm a good mom for disciplining Calvin but a bad mom for disciplining him... :)

Jodi said...

Mean is what we moms do without even trying! Funny story. Sweet boys.

Jodi said...

ps I love the picture!

Rach said...

Oh, this made me smile so much. Having a child who can tell me what he really thinks (of me) will be a new and potentially frightening stage of motherhood.