Monday, September 24, 2012

Dirty Dash 2012

My sister and I ran in a 10k mud run this past weekend in Midway, UT. Our team was made up of Lindsey's roommates and a couple other girls. It was lots and lots of fun!

Here is a before picture. We are so CLEAN!
Lindsey K, Lindsey B, Brooke, Megan, Melanie and Sara
Here we are after the run! I don't know how my shoulders stayed clean. Zach brought the boys up in time to meet us at the finish line. Ryan was thrilled to get to play in the mud a little bit too!
Ryan, Lindsey B, Brooke, Melanie, Sara, Lindsey K and Megan
Here Ryan is showing us his muscles. I think seeing him at the end of the race was one of my favorite parts. He was so excited to have a mud fight and throw mud at me and Lindsey. Zach was such a trouper to come up with both boys. I was so glad he did.
 Ryan was really into the muscle pose. Brady was a little standoffish until I got home and showered. I'm sure he didn't know what to think!
They had cold hoses to rinse off in after the run but once we got to the car, the other girls were ready to just head home. Poor Melanie's car! They drove straight to the dorm showers and cleaned off there. Genius! Ryan and I decided to head back to the cold hoses to wash off a little. We both had a change of clothes but our arms and legs were caked with mud. The hose off stations were crazy and we just got in and out as fast as we could.
 I didn't have a chance to hose off my face or hair at all so I looked extra awesome on the drive home. Luckily, we didn't stop anywhere along the way and I headed straight for the shower when I got home. Unlike the other girls who showered in the dorms, however, I had to clean my shower and my entire bathroom once it was all said and done.
After I had showered and dried off I scratched my ear to discover even more dirt! It took four Q-tips to get all the dirt out. That's how you know it was a good day. :)

2 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

That is pretty awesome! And that's funny that Brady was so unsure about it all. Probably shocked to see his mommy so dirty. I'm glad Ryan got into it! And bummer about having to clean the mud off of your shower. It looks like the weather isn't too cold for you there yet. A mud run sounds really fun. I don't think I could do 10K though! You go, girl!

Jodi said...

I have been waiting for a post about the "Dirty Dash"! Thanks! Sounds like you had a good time. You can definitely cross that off your bucket list! Good Job finishing the race.